Decompression Class - 1st Training Dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik Il Rosso:
What a day !!!

The dive was pretty simple, 10 minutes at -40 metres, resurfacing and switching to O2 at -6 metres, my instructor wanted to see if I could follow the specified run time...

I'm surprised the first dive was so deep. My deco class involved six or so simulated deco dives to ensure we could deploy a DSMB and do stops at various depths with and without the buoy (and without mask) without any problems before we actually went near deco limits for real.

BarryNL:
I'm surprised the first dive was so deep. My deco class involved six or so simulated deco dives to ensure we could deploy a DSMB and do stops at various depths with and without the buoy (and without mask) without any problems before we actually went near deco limits for real.

My instructor is someone who has dived with me or with some of his staff for about 60 dives during this summer season and 90 per cent of the dives were between -30 and -40 metres respecting NDL...
He also saw me leading friends and deploy the DSMB several times...

Moreover before taking the class I asked if in his opinion I was ready for it or not and he said that I was ready...

This must be the reason why he decided to start the class in this way...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

P.S. I am not Superman, just and average diver...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom