Decor Service??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green Frog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
With the search feature disabled, I just scanned through the 3 pages of most recent posts here but got no answer, so here goes. I know that Dacor as a “-cor” is no more, and have read that Mares bought up part of their gear lines (mostly fin, bcd & reg designs) and Samsung bought the rest (electronics??)

My question is, does anyone still support the computers from Dacor? Logically, it should be Samsung, but no Joy on their website. I couldn’t find anything useful on the Mares site either. So I have to ask, ar the Dacor computers serviceable by anyone or are they orphans that have become paperweights?

TIA ~ 🐸

@Green Frog, we might be able to help you service your Dacor computer. Which model do you have: OMNI, OMNI PRO, DARWIN (hope you don't have a MICRO BRAIN)? And what is the problem with it? Does it need a battery change or it's something else?

Actually, I was touring flea Bay and saw several attractively priced computers (such as the Darwin) but then it hit me that there is no factory support any more. How durable is the Darwin, f’rinstance? Is it worth buying one now if it is operational and the price is right?
🐸

Actually, I was touring flea Bay and saw several attractively priced computers (such as the Darwin) but then it hit me that there is no factory support any more. How durable is the Darwin, f’rinstance? Is it worth buying one now if it is operational and the price is right?
🐸

The Dacor Darwin is, by today's standards, a relatively old Nitrox-capable dive computer. It was manufactured in Italy and I believe it was discontinued around 2012. It was the subject of a recall for Darwin Air serial # 3265 to 3415 and Darwin console serial # 8503 to 8592. Having said that, I would not even dive with a given Darwin with any of those serial numbers. If the serial number is not any of the above and provided it still runs, I'd say is buyable with a price from $ 20 to 50 depending on its general conditions.

Muchas Gracias Divewatch Dr! That is exactly the info I needed. 👍
BTW, from your screen name, can I assume you are a watchmaker? ⏱️🔧 That’s a vanishing skill set, much in demand around here at least! 🙁
🐸

@green Fog,

Thanks for the compliment. I'm not a watchmaker. I'm an electrical engineer by profession. But for the last 20 years, I've been exclusively servicing and repairing dive computers and dive watches. Along the road, I acquired a few skills, learned one or two tricks, and I guess ended up being sort of a watchmaker by trade. If you want to know more about the services we provide at Divewatchdoctor you can visit our website: www.divewatchdoctor.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom