Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll denounce SP Jets, I found them to be uncomfortable and lacking in power. I wear a size L which is significantly smaller than the XL which most likely attributes to lack of power. Tried on two separate occasions to like them. Is hate too strong a word?

I had a pair of xl scubapro jet fins and they were such a bad fit that they almost disabled me 5 minutes into a dive after using them half a dozen times. Swapped to the XXL which were then way too loose. Ridiculous fins. I use Hollis F1s now, much better, way more power.

How do these fins compare to OMS Slipstream? Stiffer/softer, etc.

How do these fins compare to OMS Slipstream? Stiffer/softer, etc.

The foot pocket on the Eddy is a better shape than my Slipstreams, so they are more comfortable, as they are designed to fit an actual foot. My slipstreams started to develop a crease in the middle of the foot pocket due to the shape of the design (the OMS is sort of a reverse taper), which I actually found kind of odd.

The specific gravity on the Eddy is at .9, so they are neutral to positive depending on freshwater vs salt. They are very lightweight, and I would say they are at the proper stiffness/flex for what most people want. In comparison to the Slipstream they are about the same on the flex, not much stiffer/softer in either direction. I do not have mine on hand though at the moment to give you a direct test of them versus each other.

Hope this helps!

Will the computer be available at DEMA?

Will the computer be available at DEMA?

Lets not derail the thread, but yes, I have one of my prototype units with me.

Interesting color request.

We may consider any color if we get enough requests. But this would be a first for purple. :)

It's OK, I only need one pair.

XL please :)

The foot pocket on the Eddy is a better shape than my Slipstreams, so they are more comfortable, as they are designed to fit an actual foot. My slipstreams started to develop a crease in the middle of the foot pocket due to the shape of the design (the OMS is sort of a reverse taper), which I actually found kind of odd.

The specific gravity on the Eddy is at .9, so they are neutral to positive depending on freshwater vs salt. They are very lightweight, and I would say they are at the proper stiffness/flex for what most people want. In comparison to the Slipstream they are about the same on the flex, not much stiffer/softer in either direction. I do not have mine on hand though at the moment to give you a direct test of them versus each other.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the insight relative to slipstreams. How was the overall flex under various fin kicks? What was the general muscle feedback after using these fins? I met the owner at a dive store demo. I wanted to buy but lack of replies and poor communication with the store / web site soured me a bit. If any store / vendor is unable to accurately reply on simple things like foot pocket measurements, adjustments, then I wonder if they really know their products. Anyway, SB serves a valuable purpose with honest, field tested feedback. In the end, would you buy again for doubles, side mount, use in 2-3 knot currents (the exception not the rule), and using frog kicks?

Sorry for the questions but i am looking for a better fin for use with drysuit plus SM and BM configurations. I am a runner and sprinter so my trade space is moving less water per stroke (keeping my heart and breath aligned to how I move on land) and moving 1-2 more stokes with a more agile, better fitting fin. I am really interested in the foot pocket. Form follows function?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom