defunk the suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foneguy

Contributor
Reaction score
i have a henderson 5mm 2 pc wet suit, nice but starting to get funky, how do you all defunk your wet suit? :06:

foneguy:
i have a henderson 5mm 2 pc wet suit, nice but starting to get funky, how do you all defunk your wet suit? :06:

I'm unfortunately no help because I dunk my Henderson Hyperstretch in fresh water for several minutes after a dive, and it is still reasonably nonfunky...

But, my son hasn't been diving lately, so the wetsuit has been out of the water for a few months. (Since I dive dry...)

Do a search there are several threads. Most will say..sink the stink, listerine in water, mean green cleaner (I think thats what it is) and the list goes on.

I like 'Sink the Stink' to defunk a nasty suit but prevention is better.

As soon as you can after a dive rinse the suit in fresh water and dry it. Hang the suit so that air can get all around and through the inside and have a fan keep the air moving.

Quick drying is the key to preventing the funk.

pipedope:
I like 'Sink the Stink' to defunk a nasty suit but prevention is better.

As soon as you can after a dive rinse the suit in fresh water and dry it. Hang the suit so that air can get all around and through the inside and have a fan keep the air moving.

Quick drying is the key to preventing the funk.
thanks..i di rinse asap after a dive so ill try those ideas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom