Delta4/FDX10, XTX50, or S600/MK25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccohn2000 - would you say it's a hardy (durable) reg that would keep a recreational diver happy for at least 5-7years? I maybe do only about 50+dives a year. Do you service your reg every year?

goodeatsfan, yes I would say it's pretty durable. I have had it a year and a half, to be on the safe side I just had it serviced, although it was still performing well. I do 100+ dives a year and this is my primary regulator. The only marks on it are from my own rough handling, and those are really minor. As I said, I am quite happy with it.

Thanks to everyone here who have contributed their time and effort! We, my wife and I have made a decision to get the delta4's to finally complete our gear. We just prefer the smaller and lighter 2nd stage and the overall design and look of the Oceanic as compared to the Apeks (though the longer exhaust tee would have been a boon). Cerich, maybe you could ask oceanic to look into this? :) heh heh heh

The Scubapro was a little out of our price league with 2 sets to purchase and the test scores in Rodales seems to point to the Delta4 as the highest performer among these regs. Whether the delta4 will be able to last us for a good number of years is a question that really has no answers, but I guess we'll find out in time :wink:

Yippee, a LOAD of our minds... now to think of where to dive!!

I feel terrified to post this..... I ended up buying the Apeks XTX200 today.... SORRY OCEANIC!!!!!!!!

No worries, you got a great reg anyhow.

goodeatsfan:
I feel terrified to post this..... I ended up buying the Apeks XTX200 today.... SORRY OCEANIC!!!!!!!!

Just curious why did you go with the 200 over the 100? In actuality the 100 has a little better hose routing if you go on to double tank DIR diving. Go to the DIR section and type XTX100 and you’ll find comparisons for the hose routing. The 200 still works fine though.

I wasn't even considering the XTX200, but I popped into the shop to have a last look at the XTX50, and was about to head out to get the Delta4. The LDS guy showed the XTX200 to my wife, I looked over, and he quoted me a price. A VERY VERY good price. My wife prefered how the XTX200 looked over the 50 by far, but the funny thing was, what sold her was the egress (??? yes, I KNOW it could go with any other reg set). Me..... I considered long and hard and the wallet wailed, but what the wife wants, the wife gets (whipped). To answer your question, the XTX100 never crossed my mind.....

goodeatsfan:
I wasn't even considering the XTX200, but I popped into the shop to have a last look at the XTX50, and was about to head out to get the Delta4. The LDS guy showed the XTX200 to my wife, I looked over, and he quoted me a price. A VERY VERY good price. My wife prefered how the XTX200 looked over the 50 by far, but the funny thing was, what sold her was the egress (??? yes, I KNOW it could go with any other reg set). Me..... I considered long and hard and the wallet wailed, but what the wife wants, the wife gets (whipped). To answer your question, the XTX100 never crossed my mind.....

Hi goodeatsfan,

I believe you're from sg, mind sharing with me how much did you paid for the XTX200?

Thks.

goodeatsfan:

You got a great great regulator. I much do prefer the second stages on the XTX 100 and XTX200 over the 50/40/20. They're like a piece of jewelry. Keep up the annual service it cost a fortune to have them serviced if you don't.

krazyman - sorry bro, I'm the kind that shares my info like I'm leaking, but this time round, I made a promise to TK not to let anyone know how much I paid for them. But a ball park figure would be set ard the mid ~USD$600 for the stage 1,2,Egress, Mini SPG and LPI Hose. (thats a pretty damn close est, and I mean CLOSE)

Serrada - I was advised to service it once every 2 years or 100 dives whichever came first. We haven't got the parts for life program, so servicing costs pretty much the same all the time is what I've been told by others around my area. BUT I do appreciate the advise. Thanks for it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom