Denisegg's incident and near miss at Jackson Blue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trust your health care professional, not your alternative health care professional.

I absolutely agree the best thing is to follow the scientific supported procedures..

I agree. I have already decided not to ever see the alternative health care doctor again. It is tempting to go and tell him I believe he had a negative impact on my health but I know he would not believe it. The endocrinologist took each thing that this doctor had given me to take that night he saw me at the hospital and told me to quit taking them and that I would feel worse before I felt better because my body had to rebalance itself. He was right. However, after a month has gone by I really do feel better than I felt the whole time the alternative doctor was treating me. I kept going back to him telling him I wasn't feeling right, and he would just adjust my dosage without rechecking my levels.

Nice feeling isn't it ... having such care and concern from so many people from around the world, many of whom you've never even met ... going out of their way to to do whatever they can do to help

I've seen examples of it here before .. SB is a good place filled with good people

I can't say enough how wonderful everyone has been and how supportive. I don't know where I would be right now without it. All of you have helped me to understand there is no cure because there is nothing they can even find to treat.

I have come to believe that an unknown accumulation of factors aligned that day that caused my body to react as it did. I pray this will never happen again. I also believe that everything aligned that day to keep me alive and for that I am truly blessed.

I kept going back to him telling him I wasn't feeling right, and he would just adjust my dosage without rechecking my levels.

That is insane.

I was going to say the same. I remember two in particular. One was a marathon bicycler, about 65yrs old. He went from "a little hard to breathe" to intubated and blood pressure crashing in the coarse of about one hour. His was a sequelae of having the flu the previous week which he had seemed to be fully recovered from.
Another was an older lady singing in church when she collapsed, had to be intubated by paramedics.
Pulmonary edema of any type can happen very, very fast!
Denise, I'm so glad you're ok!

I remember today part of the conversation I had with the cardiologist. He told me I was almost to the point of being on a respirator when I got to the hospital. I was thinking about the length of a football field because I can relate that measurement because my children played high school football. (I know everyone knows the yards of a football field. I was just picturing myself sitting up there in the stands and looking down). I was over the length of a football field when this started happening to me. It is still so unbelievable. I guess since all of the tests are in and they show I have no problems it is still so hard to believe.

Last edited:
A gracious friend of mine talked to me today and told me...do not set any goals. He knows how I am. How goal oriented I am. He said not to set any goals for myself. Just relax, be calm, and easily step back into diving. Go to an easy OW site and go down a few feet, only when you are ready. And then slowly work your way back only when you are comfortable with every step.
So many of you have been so gracious, so understanding. I know you are giving me the same advice.
Again, thank you all for so much support. You can never know how grateful I am for all your support.

Re-discover diving, slowly, as if for the first time.

Maybe try just snorkeling.....as a first step........But after reading about you for a year now, have someone tie a rope to you so you don't make a break for the bottom when you spot something cool....:wink:

Back
Top Bottom