Desert divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and contrary to popular belief, hiring a private guide can actually work out CHEAPER for you than paying through a dive centre.

P.S. I'm not a sales person, honest! Just a diver! :)

I agree and heartily recommend Medhat who can be contacted here.
We had a great time, he will guide very small numbers, so you and your friend may have him totally to yourself. I wrote a huge wrap on Medhat and will try and find the link to it.
His English is FANTASTIC, he has been in Dahab for years and years, and (important for the girls like me) totally unsleazy.
Link here to dive report - did one here but it was too long ago - so off to my blog you go. Dahab report.

thank you all for your honest replies. I will flag the idea of a private guide to my friends. But would a guide also be able to arrange diving equipment? The group would be 7 people maybe 9. None of my friends has their own equipment and this will be my final stop in my RTW trip so I will only have my goggles and wetsuit.
Also all of us would like to do a camel safari, preferably a two day one. Is it as exciting as it sounds like?

I sat on a camel once. Wouldn't recommend it for the crown jewels honestly! May have to master sitting sideways or get myself a cricket guard thing to protect myself! :)

Back
Top Bottom