Destin Boat dive report and pics 7/18/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! shrimp and a frogfish. You said you wanted to see a froggie and you got your wish. Did you go to the same reef that we visited on Saturday?

We tried, but there was a small fishing boat on it... and when she asked if they were going to stay there.. they said yes, so we went to amberjack instead... and the other boat left within a minute of us turning (jerk factor was very high there).

So... if you go to where you are facing the wall, and the toilet is on your left... if you go about 75 to 100 yards to the right, up on the top, in about 10 ft from the edge, you will find a group of blue goby's.. Frog fish was on a barge.. way to the west, in the area where it was broken in two.

Last edited:
Absolutely superb cocoa damselfish picture. Close and sharp as a tack. As good as I've ever seen for this fish.

Absolutely superb cocoa damselfish picture. Close and sharp as a tack. As good as I've ever seen for this fish.

Thanks, as you know, they don't like to sit still...

Cleaned up the initial frog fish picture...looks a bit better now:

Frogfishfirstpic3.jpg

Very nice pics. Amazing how some things camo themselves. I wouldnt have even noticed the frog.

Awesome Pics Puffer. That Cocoa Damsel is the best I've ever seen. And the Frog Fish is a great find. Nice Job!

Awesome Pics Puffer. That Cocoa Damsel is the best I've ever seen. And the Frog Fish is a great find. Nice Job!

Thanks, truth be known, deep water diving is the only time I can take pictures on par with Yoda...shallow water he kicks my butt.

I'm a relative newbie to the deep dark - give me a while and I'll kick your butt down there too! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Hey Puffer - super pics. I'm getting there in the clear blue water, but the greener stuff seems
to be getting the better of my pics.

It was great meeting you today - looking forward to seeing some of today's shots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom