Destin Jetties 3/13 or 3/27, YES 2005!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, Gulf Shore Dr has been open for quite some time. A few weeks after Ivan we were diving the jeddies again, we also dove it a few weeks ago. You won't have any problem getting to the site, atleast, no more problems than normal.

Looking forward to the report.

Hi Bugman and Seayoda

Just wanted to let you know my surgery is just 3 days away, Monday at 7am. I sure do miss the ocean. But, it won't take too much longer and I can get wet again. I will have to stay home from work 4 weeks after the surgery. The first two weeks I will not be able to drive the car or do much involved with moving or turning my head, as those muscles in the neck will be sore. Also, to prevent hurting the incision by pulling on it.

I am hoping I can get down there later this spring, but I know I will be coming down this summer. Keep the jetties ready for me to return.

I will post a report after my surgery as soon as I feel up to the task. Till, then keep me in your prayers.

Goodluck Cindy

They started dredging the pass in Destin, maybe by the time you're healed enough to dive, they'll be finished up :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
Goodluck Cindy

They started dredging the pass in Destin, maybe by the time you're healed enough to dive, they'll be finished up :D

So what is the expected damage come Easter Weekend? Like diving in this....:klo: ?

Not sure, it probably depends on the tidal exchange. With a decent exchange, I think it will have cleared out most of the crap - and hopefully the dredgers are on Easter vacation by then and haven't run the boats within a few days of that weekend.

If I didn't have other plans, I'd dive it to find out myself. It'll have to wait till next time for me though...

Keep us up to date on your progress Cindy. We'll keep the jetties where they are till you get here!

I actually have off this Saturday and was going to dive the jetties but high tide is late in the day - solo at night makes a sharks delight :11: . I may plop in at Morrison if I can get the time to drive up there and the river level cooperates.

What is everyone doing on Saturday the 26th? I may be free that day too. There is a double high tide that day. The day time one is at 10:47 AM.

I have two birthdays to celebrate... Looks like it'll include a night in a Limo and a heavy hangover on Saturday. Probably best I stay dry and drink as much water as possible instead of the opposite at the jetties :D

I'm free the 26th...I wonder if the rain will hold off to make Morrison an option?

SeaYoda:
What is everyone doing on Saturday the 26th?

I know this is the Florida board, but I am booking a boat out of Pascagoula, Mississippi that Saturday. We will be doing a three-tank outer rig trip. Be warned--this will be a mixed diving/spearfishing/boat fishing trip. Last time I spent the whole next week washing shark guts out of my gear--but the trip was a blast and we go out far enough that the vis is generally excellent. PM me if you are interested in joining me.

eanxgirl:
I know this is the Florida board, but I am booking a boat out of Pascagoula, Mississippi that Saturday. We will be doing a three-tank outer rig trip. Be warned--this will be a mixed diving/spearfishing/boat fishing trip. Last time I spent the whole next week washing shark guts out of my gear--but the trip was a blast and we go out far enough that the vis is generally excellent. PM me if you are interested in joining me.
Thanks for the invitation but I'm trying to stay close to home. I've got some family obligations coming up that will keep me busy - still need to dive though :D.

Darcy,
There's always Vortex - maybe the classes will thin out by then? I'm gonna think positive and believe in SALT WATER :D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom