Destin Jetties dive pics 10/23/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How big is the anemone and the teal colored thing? Know what it looks like? A big flake of paint! Wonder if the anemone chaged colors to match it....can they do that? Sure is a good match!

It doesn't look like a part of the anemone. When they reproduce, the 'babies' look like miniatures of them.

Dee:
How big is the anemone and the teal colored thing? Know what it looks like? A big flake of paint! Wonder if the anemone chaged colors to match it....can they do that? Sure is a good match!

It doesn't look like a part of the anemone. When they reproduce, the 'babies' look like miniatures of them.
The anemone was about an inch to an inch and a half accross. I thought the flat thing was a piece of plastic. I don't know if anemones can change color with their surroundings - may be an anemone expert will join in and tell us the story.

SeaYoda:
BTW I like the rant mode :D.

I dont have the option of a flash when I go into supermacro. What settings are you using to get it to flash?

OK...I think you set your flash on slave then choose the intensity. It will fire in SuperMacro mode then on the 5050.

As for PS7, pretty sure you need the upgrade for RAW. Danielsan would be a guy to ask about that. Just think of all the hours you can spend learning a new thing!!

But you said you had a converter? You can use that to preserve your RAW file to work on at a later date when you upgrade. For now you would simply use it to import and work on it in another format in PS, right?

I know all about the too small card thing...those prices are dropping dramatically now...only $55 after rebate for a 1GB and I bought mine in August for $130!!

All non-RAW formats allow the camera to make choices for you. The camera gives you choices and you must choose the best from those...it really isn't complete control as the camera has finite amount of choices it is capable of giving you. With RAW, you tell the camera to just capture as much as possible and you then control the things that the camera would otherwise pick for you. This gives you virtually unlimited control and can be fine-tuned much more than any setting for WB, sharpening you would have to choose from the camera's menu.

Just to clarify, I am not saying (as I think those who know me understand) that you don't need to know how to use your camera and its functions! You still need to be able to take a good picture to get a good picture. Just that those functions do have limits and RAW helps you have way more control of your imaging. But you do have to have the tools on the dry side to get the most benefit.

I still think that even if you have a poxy converter, you are better off to shoot RAW, work with the image you captured as normal (which, because you do know how to work your camera is still a good photo) and then rework if needed when you get a converter with all the bells and whistles. You can never put back data that isn't there in the first place.

now I am rambling...

alcina:
But you said you had a converter? You can use that to preserve your RAW file to work on at a later date when you upgrade. For now you would simply use it to import and work on it in another format in PS, right?

I didn't know this. I thought anything shot in RAW could only be read as RAW. So if I start shooting in RAW now, the only thing I'll lose is a little memory room...right?

Ya learn sumpthin' new ever' day!!!

Dee:
I didn't know this. I thought anything shot in RAW could only be read as RAW. So if I start shooting in RAW now, the only thing I'll lose is a little memory room...right?

Ya learn sumpthin' new ever' day!!!
Just remember not to save over the RAW file with the converted JPEG, TIFF, or PSD. As long as you have the RAW file you have the negative for any program to use - even programs that have not been invented yet.

For me, I'll be a RAW guy when I get the bigger card - for now I'm content playing with the camera settings.

Good tip! I've gotten into the habit of making a duplicate of the original as soon as I open it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom