Destin Jetties dive report 2/12/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow sounds cold guys! I'm glad you had the chance to get out there. I've never dove the Jetties in Destin, but I'm looking forward to it this summer. SY how did your new wetsuit configuration work out? Or did it???

??? Having never dove the Destin jetties I noticed in the one pix a good amount of 'sand dollars'...is this common for the area? Thanks

darcy:
... SY how did your new wetsuit configuration work out? Or did it???
It worked great. Considering that the temp was 10 degrees colder than the springs, it should be perfect there. With the salt water and extra neoprene I was a little floaty at the end of the dive - nothing that 2 lbs of lead could not have cured.

texdiveguy:
??? Having never dove the Destin jetties I noticed in the one pix a good amount of 'sand dollars'...is this common for the area? Thanks
The spring season starts with many good ones. They dwindle down as the summer goes on and divers add to their collection. Right now the trough around the finger jetty is pretty full since there have been few divers over the last months. Sometimes currents will bury the shell trough in sand. You can almost always find some dollars if you're not too picky as to what shape they're in.

"The spring season starts with many good ones. They dwindle down as the summer goes on and divers add to their collection. Right now the trough around the finger jetty is pretty full since there have been few divers over the last months. Sometimes currents will bury the shell trough in sand. You can almost always find some dollars if you're not too picky as to what shape they're in.[/QUOTE]"

Thats pretty kool...thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom