Destin Jetty Dive Feb 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim - still up for the cavern dive first? I was planning to bring some tanks for ya. They would be 80s, if we do a cavern dive, I'll plan to bring an extra 80 for you. Then you can borrow one of Glen's 108s for the jetties. Just let me know.

Jim - still up for the cavern dive first? I was planning to bring some tanks for ya. They would be 80s, if we do a cavern dive, I'll plan to bring an extra 80 for you. Then you can borrow one of Glen's 108s for the jetties. Just let me know.

Okay, I got my wetsuit in yesterday. It is toasty. I got a new Aqualung SOLAFX 8/7 mil suit. It is quite toasty out of the water, but very flexible.

Yes, I am up for a cavern dive. I will need to coordinate with you on where we are going to dive, because I will be driving over on Saturday instead of Sunday now. I will need to make plans to stay at a hotel somewhere in driving distance for Sunday morning.

Call me when you get a chance tomorrow so I can make arrangements for Saturday night.

Will do...

If you don't require uber nice hotel rooms... Executive Sweet has rooms for like $40 a night if you tell them you're a cave diver.

I'll call tomorrow to arrange meet times and stuff.

What cavern are you thinking about Mat?

Standard Yolk valve.

One of your 108s would be great. What kind of valve do you have on it?

At the headspring, IMO no...

The rest of the pond is pretty neat though. A couple years ago a bunch of us did some OW dives around the cave entrances throughout the pond. It was fun day, but requires much more time. I'd be up for doing something like that again.

Rent a boat for $70-80 for the entire day from Edd. Especially with OW gear, we can get 5-6 on easily.

Jackson Blue is the headspring to the pond, but the basin there is used as a swimming area and all the natural features are gone... Its just a shallow sandy pool with diving board, slides, ect within. The cave and cavern are really really nice though. Once you dip out under the fence and into the rest of the pond, there will be lots of life to watch.

Let me know when you're ready for that cavern class :) The Mill Pond beckons!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom