Destin with ScubaTech 8/22 and 8/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadly, the number of second dive location for people on air is very limited.

Dive in a lot of places on the eastern seaboard, and both nitrox and a computer are required...if you did that, they would loose half their customers, but be able to dive anywhere the divers wanted...well, until they went out of business.

This is exactly what ends up dictating most of the dives on boats that carry out 16 or more "random" divers.

It is always a better dive plan when 6 existing advanced divers do a private charter, on Nitrox and with computers. However it isnt cost effective for the majority of divers.

For the customer base that Scubatech is dealing with, especially on the weekends, I believe they do a good job of balancing the diving.

Every dive I have been on with them they ask where you would like to go (this is where you need to speak up and say I would rather not go to the bridge rubble). They will try to accommodate every request within reason. I just said I would rather see two wrecks and they made that happen (not that I was the only one they listened to). The second was not a lot to write home about but we didn't do the rubble. It's important to tell them before you leave the dock too so they can plan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom