dg03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nofish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I purchased hollis dg03 in nov of 2012 went on dive trip would not read tank psi retrun it to hollis and they replaced it . Just came back from dive trip only did 3 dives it said battery low and when you get down to 10 feet it said too long? on both days of diveing also back lite will not work. yes ive checked it is set on. Im about to the end of my rope with this computer I have not had a computer that work for my last 8 dive trips.

I recently picked up a DG03 and the battery was near shot. It sounds like yours is lower than mine if it's giving an alert and not enabling the backlight. I told the shop that I bought it from and they said that a number of their customers had the same issue. As best they could tell, it was an issue with the packaging that would allow the computers to activate in transit. They sent me a new battery. If you need a battery right away, you should be able to find a CR2450 lithium battery at Walgreens or similar. The battery change procedure is on page 43 of the manual.

I purchased hollis dg03 in nov of 2012 went on dive trip would not read tank psi retrun it to hollis and they replaced it . Just came back from dive trip only did 3 dives it said battery low and when you get down to 10 feet it said too long? on both days of diveing also back lite will not work. yes ive checked it is set on. Im about to the end of my rope with this computer I have not had a computer that work for my last 8 dive trips.

Hi Nofish,

Please contact our customer service team at 888-383-DIVE. Sounds like the battery could be the cause of your issue, we would be happy to ship a new battery kit and get this sorted for you.

Cheers,
Nick

I would have like to see the download from that dive trip in 2012. Three of the most common problem for that computer not reading pressure is it in freediving mode, The wrong code or the receiving is shut off or the battery.
The problem is they never look at the computer to see what was going on in the first place. They should know what the problem was by now all you have to do is give them a serial number or the name it went under and they can tell you the disposition of that computer.

all i know is it was not in free dive it was set on and the code was set .also on the 2nd dive the dive shop gave me an spg . on the that dive dg03 read tank psi ? The next day 1st dive same thing showed3000psi all the thur dive.

How do you know it wasn't in freedive mode? From your description it sounds like freedive mode. The download can confirm what was going on.

Will its like this just got my dgo3 back from hollis and they said it was do to low battery just as posted by milbournosphere. After talking to tech at hollis I think it was caused by user error ie the way i packed it. I was to quick to jump on hollis after the frist unit failed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom