Did my first two OW dives Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow that is an impressive first dive! Welcome to the diving world, you are going to get addicted! :)

P.s yes make sure you take the sea sickness medicine at least an hour before getting on the boat, they really do help.

Congratulations on your dive accomplishement. I am suprised that the powers subjected you and your girlfriend to such conditions.

Wow 5-6 ft waves on your first OW dives. Surprised they took you out. Those dives would most likely have been cancelled here in the Great Lakes. Nice job. The gear acquisition and more certifications addiction has begun...

Wow 5-6 ft waves on your first OW dives. Surprised they took you out. Those dives would most likely have been cancelled here in the Great Lakes. Nice job. The gear acquisition and more certifications addiction has begun...

I already purchased regulators, and I have a BC, dive computer, and wetsuit all picked out. EAN is going to be the next thing I go for before Advanced Open Water.

I just finished my 3&4 at the same dive site yesterday. It was perfect conditions to do it. Almost zero current.. the rope off the back of the boat wasn't drifting away, almost unnoticeable surge, 20-30 viz, flat seas, warm sunshine. The water was already noticeably colder, but still managed to do both dives in a 3mm wetsuit just fine. The new gloves I bought last week very perfect. Kept my hands nice and toasty. So now my girlfriend and I are certified divers!

Firstly - congratulations to the addiction.

So glad to see your second set of dives weren't in similar conditions to the first. That could have seriously put a lot of people off continuing.

Remember as a certified diver now - you have the ability to call any dive at any time. If you aren't "feeling" it (whether that is down to equipment issues, weather, currents etc) better to call it than continue down a slippery slope. That includes calling a dive even before you start packing for it.

There is a principle that one of the UK diving bodies advocates - the incident pit (search for it on here). It basically describes how a small incident can develop bit by bit into a far more serious one.

Now go and get diving! PS your bank account will never recover

Wow what an introduction, and a nice finish. You two are tough! I don’t think I would have got in, but I’m a wuss . Welcome to a whole new world filled with beauty and new toys...just in time for Christmas

Dive safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom