Did my first two OW dives Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And now you know... Getting onto the boat is the hardest part (well other than hanging on in heaving seas). Timing is everything - let the boat do the work. But if you can do fine in conditions like that, everything else is a cake walk.

There was a couple there with 40-60 dives and they had never been in conditions like that.

I have found a new hero - he goes by the name of "ioncloud9."
You and your girl friend survived a very atypical introduction to the underwater world; ....It can only get better..
I applaud you and your girlfriend for a completing your course certainly under less than ideal conditions

That Carolina moon shine and cornbread sure develops tough divers

SDM

Congratulations and welcome to the new adventure-good luck on dive 3 & 4 and just relax and enjoy the experience..

:cheers:

Now for the really hard part, all those extended surface intervals they call real life.

I just finished my 3&4 at the same dive site yesterday. It was perfect conditions to do it. Almost zero current.. the rope off the back of the boat wasn't drifting away, almost unnoticeable surge, 20-30 viz, flat seas, warm sunshine. The water was already noticeably colder, but still managed to do both dives in a 3mm wetsuit just fine. The new gloves I bought last week very perfect. Kept my hands nice and toasty. So now my girlfriend and I are certified divers!

I pass the time looking at all the gear I'm planning on buying.
Be warned its an expensive addiction. :D

That was a heck of a first ride but you will be a stronger and more confident diver for the experience. Please give your GF my compliments as well.

Congratulations! So, when's the next diving now? :D

Im not sure. Might have to wait until the water gets a little warmer, or go to Florida some time during the winter. Next few months are going to be very busy.

Congratulations on your first dives. My OW dives were here in Nova Scotia in November, so air temp. was our only challenge--nothing like your experience! I did a couple of charters back in 2011 with Coastal and agree they were a fine outfit. We went to the General Sherman wreck--about 50' of water. Got a couple of nice shells. Good luck with #s 3 & 4 and on to independent diving....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom