"Did you know" ... that Grand Cayman has awesome shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too bad we cant use this at Turtle Reef...I think its a much better shore dive than the participating parties.

Having my own tanks would be great foe me on the island. Oly thing is there is no one who will fill them.

You can get your own tanks filled at The Lobster Pot Dive Center or Pure Air Ltd.
No problem as long as the tanks have all current hydro and visual inspections.

Dove Sunset House and Lighthouse Pointe last week. Both were fun dives. Vis was not very good, but the water temp was still in the low 80's. The wall is not as spectacular at either as it is at some sites on the other end of the island, but both were worth doing again.

Dove Sunset House and Lighthouse Pointe last week. Both were fun dives. Vis was not very good, but the water temp was still in the low 80's. The wall is not as spectacular at either as it is at some sites on the other end of the island, but both were worth doing again.

I am at the reasearch stage on a dive vacation I'm planning in GC or Curacao and your statement about the wall at Lighthouse Pointe got my attention. What exactly about the wall diving were you comparing? :idk:

I am at the reasearch stage on a dive vacation I'm planning in GC or Curacao and your statement about the wall at Lighthouse Pointe got my attention. What exactly about the wall diving were you comparing? :idk:

IMO, the wall further north at the Turtle Reef site is much better. The wall at Cobalt Coast is good as well, but Turtle Reef is one of my favorites. Not that Light House Point is bad, just that the others are better.

IMO, the wall further north at the Turtle Reef site is much better. The wall at Cobalt Coast is good as well, but Turtle Reef is one of my favorites. Not that Light House Point is bad, just that the others are better.

If you want to do an instant comparison, you can rent a tank at 1 shop and do a 1-way dive along the mini-wall to the other. The distance, measured on the adjacent road, is 1.1 miles. The dive takes 1 hour or more so you need decent air consumption. Max depth is about 60 feet. Hint: check the current first.

If you want to do an instant comparison, you can rent a tank at 1 shop and do a 1-way dive along the mini-wall to the other. The distance, measured on the adjacent road, is 1.1 miles. The dive takes 1 hour or more so you need decent air consumption. Max depth is about 60 feet. Hint: check the current first.

Think they'll let me do it solo? :)

Back
Top Bottom