Different Max depths on both computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1.6 is commonly considered to be the max PPO2 for deco (non-working) portions of the dive while 1.4 is considered to be a better maximum limit by many divers for the swimming and working portion of the dive.

I would not get too hung up on setting the PPO2 back to 1.4 however as it does not really matter as long as you understood and retained any of the information in your nitrox course and plan your dives accordingly.

pilot fish:
First let me say thank you very much for taking the time to help me with this.Tried that and no PPO screen appears for me to set it from 1.6 to another value. It goes from time, date, 12 hours, turn pressure 1500, end pressure 500 etc, but no ppo setting.
PF, I know squat about the Oceanic computers but I know on my Cobra if I can't set the PPO unless I have it in Nitrox mode. From the link PaulChristenson gave, it looks like you just have to set the FO2 (Oxygen amount) to something other than 21% to turn on Nitrox mode. HTH

Also check for things like FO2 defaults, etc.

DA Aquamaster:
1.6 is commonly considered to be the max PPO2 for deco (non-working) portions of the dive while 1.4 is considered to be a better maximum limit by many divers for the swimming and working portion of the dive.

I would not get too hung up on setting the PPO2 back to 1.4 however as it does not really matter as long as you understood and retained any of the information in your nitrox course and plan your dives accordingly.

Yup, remembered some of it but I'd trust my puter more than my ability to slog thru the tables.Im just gonna have to call the LDS or Oceanic for help. thanks

StSomewhere:
PF, I know squat about the Oceanic computers but I know on my Cobra if I can't set the PPO unless I have it in Nitrox mode. From the link PaulChristenson gave, it looks like you just have to set the FO2 (Oxygen amount) to something other than 21% to turn on Nitrox mode. HTH

Also check for things like FO2 defaults, etc.

Tried that and still no screen that allows me to set ppo. I can set the nitrox mix ok but Im getting two different max depths for EANX32% on the two puters I'm using, main one and backup. Both are Oceanic so I thought they'd be the same. The air dive depths are the same in the dive planner and so are the nitrox times but the max depth is different. One says 132ft and the other says 111ft. My head hurts :11:

scubatoys:
Ok, here's the deal. 1.6 is considered the normal max for O2. I've got a friend that was in the Seals, and they pushed O2 rebreathers to 2.0 all the time... but 1.6 is a good Max... Padi says 1.4 max. Other agencies say 1.6 max, with 1.4 for strenous dives... the idea is you're breathing faster, so let's limit the O2 intake. Pick what works for you. 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 however conservative or liberal you want to be. I set mine to 1.6, but don't push it to that.

To set it, if you hold down both buttons for a few seconds, you'll see "Set 1". That is where you set things like mix, max depth... things you might change often. From the screen that says Set 1 if you push both buttons again for a few seconds, you'll see "Set 2". From there, one button will change what screen you are on... the other will change stuff on the screen. Hit the front button and it will scroll through settings like metric or imperial, time and date, etc. When you see PO2, it will say 1.4, 1.6 or whatever it is set for. By hitting the other button, you can switch that from 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6. When you have the setting you want, just hit the first button again. Once you leave the screen, that setting is saved.

Make sense??

Hi Larry. Again, thanks a milion for your help. I just got off the phone with Oceanic and they told me I'm not able to reset the PPO from 1.6 to 1.4 on the DataMax Pro Plus1. You can do that with the Pro Plus2 but not the 1. That was getting me nuts yesterday.

Anyway, they said everything else is the same except max depth so since I will not test the limits I will follow the more conserative 1.4.

You are as helpful as I've heard you are. Thanks

buy your gear at www.scubatoys.com :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom