Different Qualification Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always enjoy the look on the face of the shop tech when I pull out my ADC - Air Range - Commercial Diver card. :D

I did once run into a person at a shop that wanted to see my nitrox card. I explained I wasn't getting any fills nor was I renting any tanks. She informed me I still needed a nitrox card to dive nitrox off their boats. I told her I was diving air. She wasn't happy about that and assured me the boat crew would check my mix. They didn't. Wouldn't have mattered as I was diving air and I happened to have a nitrox card in my pocket. Of course this was the same woman who thought you needed a different amount of lead for a night dive.

Well the density of water is a function of temperature....

I wonder, it you have a "PADI" DM or Inst. card and you go in to a PADI shop for a Nitrox fill, do you think that you would get denied because the card does not say, spacifically "Nitrox Diver" on it?

As it's possible to become a PADI DM or Instructor without ever being nitrox certified, there would be no reason for the card to say "Nitrox Diver" so I don't see why the shop wouldn't ask to see proof of nitrox certification.

Laugh all you want about boats refusing cards or not acknowledging cards, but it does happen. I had an Instructor who was working as a Dive Master on a boat and she was adamant that I can't go past 100-ft because my AOW is only good to 100-ft. I asked her what's she's gonna do, call the cops and lock me up if I go past 100-ft depth? It got to the point where I had to talk to the Captain of the boat. Luckily the Captain knew me from previous trips and told her that it was "OK" to let me dive my dive. Not that I was planning on doing 100-ft plus dives that day, but it was the principle of things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom