Different rigs for different dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use the right tools for the job at hand. Since I don't lobster it isn't something that I have to concern myself with... but since Shane geoduck harvests with a highpressure water jet and surface supplied air he dresses differently than when he is on a *DIR* dive.

He uses a suit without the dryglove rings and uses neoprene gauntlet gloves to protect not only his hands but the forearm of his drysuit... and he doesn't carry an HID. When he is just picking up cucumbers he uses a suit with the drygloves but still no HID. He used to be taking the rings off and on the same suit but that was a drag so he bought another suit.

If I were in your shoes I wouldn't be taking the HID and I wouldn't be using drygloves. I'd probably have a extra suit without dryglove rings.

Snowbear:
You know you can get (or make) drygloves without rings, right? Some of the guys at work use drygloves with a wrist seal that seals over the suit wrist seal. They are a pain to put on.... but no rings to hang up on stuff.

Ya I know, but they really are a pain. I think I must have poor fine motor skills or something because I had a ton of trouble with the ringless gloves and I love the ringed one.

I think I'll end up with a second suit.

Thanks to everyone.

MASS-Diver:
Thanks for all the feedback, and, Mer, any plan that involves anyone else taking the flag is a plan I like.

And I like any plan that doesn't involve my hand being in a hole.

Plus, my father just chimed in: I'll take the flag, and he'll hold the light for you!

Back
Top Bottom