Digital Depth wrist Gauge Watch..Which is a better buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tampabay

Reaction score
Well next month I'm heading to the cayman Islands.... I was thinking of buying a Wrist Digital Depth Gauge... I don't want to be looking at my console all the time.. So I thought about getting either a Suunto D3 watch or the Uwatec Digital Depth Gauge watch..

I would appreciate some input.. :06:

All depends on what your comfortable with!
A D3 would be pretty sweet as its nice and light. I tend to avoid putting too much stuff on my wrists as I dive in a drysuit and can affect dumping n stuff although you wont have that problem in the caymans :D
best thing is probably just to play around and see what suits! and most importantly what feels comfortable on you!

Enjoy!

I really like my Uwatec digital. My only beef is the temperature takes too long to read accurately, but then I can always tell the temp myself.

Here, it's one of two temps: it's cold, and frigging cold.

Scuba_freak:
I tend to avoid putting too much stuff on my wrists as I dive in a drysuit and can affect dumping n stuff

Maybe not the place to continue this discussion but am trying to understand what you wrote here. I also dive dry and am a newbie but I do have my computer and compass on my left wrist - learnt it wasn't a good idea to have one of them on the same wrist as the light:wink: How do they affect dumping the air?

Tampabay:
Well next month I'm heading to the cayman Islands.... I was thinking of buying a Wrist Digital Depth Gauge... I don't want to be looking at my console all the time.. So I thought about getting either a Suunto D3 watch or the Uwatec Digital Depth Gauge watch..

You might want to check out the digital gauge by OMS. It is made by Uwatec, looks like the Uwatec, is a Uwatec with an OMS face plate, and costs less. Has nice big numbers and is easy to read in low light. You will find the Suunto is hard to read in low light and the numbers are small. It is nice to have as a wrist watch though.

Far_X:
Maybe not the place to continue this discussion but am trying to understand what you wrote here. I also dive dry and am a newbie but I do have my computer and compass on my left wrist - learnt it wasn't a good idea to have one of them on the same wrist as the light:wink: How do they affect dumping the air?

A lot of dump valves get installed on the left wrist because it's easy to make your wrist the highest point when dumping air.

Tampabay:

Get the D3, haven't seen to many Sunnto products have problems. As for the others well........

Wijbrandus:
I really like my Uwatec digital. My only beef is the temperature takes too long to read accurately, but then I can always tell the temp myself.

Here, it's one of two temps: it's cold, and frigging cold.

Is any more precise of a reading really nessecary?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom