DIN Tank Rentals - Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doesn't Silent World have DIN tanks also?

I do, small set of allen keys and an adjustable wrench go with me everywhere.... The adjustable wrench is quite small and the allen keys are the normal sizes encountered on regulators, so it's only about 6 total

Yes they do. Horizon also. Pretty much any shop in key largo that is worth going to has din tanks available.

Thanks for all of the info so far. I was looking into the yoke adapters before, maybe it's time I pick one up. I do have allen wrench sets I use for working on cars, but not sure if I have the sizes for the tanks.

having a yoke adapter is essential if you travel at all for diving, many tech divers will convert their regulators over to yoke like I said above to avoid having to use the adapters, but will always travel with one. Worst case you can use it with the yoke dust cover instead of your DIN cap. Dive Gear Express has them pretty cheap

Re. Allen wrenches, you likely do. Typically they are in the 1mm-6mm range and corresponding imperial sizes. The allen key sets that have 6-8 keys each or the ones that fold up like a Swiss Army Knife are really all you need, one imperial, one metric.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom