Din vs Yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are a new diver and only into recreational diving, I would suggest the Yoke (Int). The added safety of the DIN is of no use in that type of diving. If now you end up with Din tanks you vcan still use your reg. with a small adaptor inserted into the tank valve. If you have a DIN reg and a Int tank you end up with a big Adaptor, sometimes uncomfortable.
I have never seen a Yoke to DIN adapter!
Are you talking about the Yoke insert into a DIN valve?

I have never seen a Yoke to DIN adapter!
Are you talking about the Yoke insert into a DIN valve?

They are made and can be found by searching din to yoke fill adaptor. It would be a bit clunky to use one for a reg, but I have been known to use crazier contraptions than that to do what I want.

Bob

If now you end up with Din tanks you vcan still use your reg. with a small adaptor inserted into the tank valve. If you have a DIN reg and a Int tank you end up with a big Adaptor, sometimes uncomfortable.

Not entirely true.

It's only true if the DIN valve is a 232 bar valve. There is no adapter that will let you use a yoke reg on a 300 bar DIN valve. OTOH , a $20 adapter will let you use a DIN reg on ANY tank.

I have 8 tanks. I bought them in 4 pairs from 4 different people . They all happened to come with 300 bar DIN valves. They aren't that unusual .

Not entirely true.

It's only true if the DIN valve is a 232 bar valve. There is no adapter that will let you use a yoke reg on a 300 bar DIN valve. OTOH , a $20 adapter will let you use a DIN reg on ANY tank.

I have 8 tanks. I bought them in 4 pairs from 4 different people . They all happened to come with 300 bar DIN valves. They aren't that unusual .
True, but very few beginner divers will dive with 300 bar tanks. I'm diving for 10 years + (mostly South East Asia) and I've never dove with one.

Back
Top Bottom