Dinner tonight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akscubainst:
NOT

Those are Alaskan King Crab.

Snow Crab are opilio or Tanner Crab. There is a huge difference. Most locals won't touch Tanners (yuck!), we leave those for Red Lobster.

I can't tell you how many times I been in a grocery store in the lower 48 and seen Tanner Crab labeled as King Crab.

Dave

A lot of us Sad Sacks down in the lower 48 have no access to fresh King Crab. Those fiddly snow crabs legs are the best we have at times. Additionally, frozen King Crabs at the local fish mart are pre-boiled and salted (like the Snow Crabs) to the point of ruining the taste. As per those Blue crabs - too much work for too little meat. If only...I lived where things weren't processed or frozen. Mr. X

Same with scallops, some are skate. You can tell by the way the grain runs in them.

Mr.X:
A As per those Blue crabs - too much work for too little meat. /QUOTE]

Dunno bout that. Maryland Crabs by dozen with Bay seasoning, bottle of white wine ... work doesn't sound too bad for me.:D Besides, you can always crab with your wallet and buy the meat in a Tub!

But those king crabs really look good ... any meat in the body or is it just the legs?

DiveGolfSki:
Mr.X:
A As per those Blue crabs - too much work for too little meat. /QUOTE]

Dunno bout that. Maryland Crabs by dozen with Bay seasoning, bottle of white wine ... work doesn't sound too bad for me.:D Besides, you can always crab with your wallet and buy the meat in a Tub!

But those king crabs really look good ... any meat in the body or is it just the legs?

We wait till august the head over to Kool Ice on Del Mar Va and pick up a bushel for $35. Before July 4th they go for $200 a bushel Never tried them with wine, just BEER!

Nova SS:
DiveGolfSki:
We wait till august the head over to Kool Ice on Del Mar Va and pick up a bushel for $35. Before July 4th they go for $200 a bushel Never tried them with wine, just BEER!

Beer's good too ... but it fills me up too quickly.:happyjaz:

Nice grab guys!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom