DIR and Miflex LP hose/2d stage swivel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i've been using it for LP inflator hose and argon bottle hose because i've seen some strain issues on those and tried experimenting with the miflex there. so far, i haven't seen any issues with the miflex.

why do you want them so bad? QUOTE]

I don't want them "so bad", I don't even like them. I was just inquiring about resorting to them or some others like them to alleviate stress on the back-up hose and the wing inflator hose in doubles configurations with certain regulators.

IMHO
You're better off either having the bottom port 1st stages which route pretty good(like the SP mk10/20/15 and now the Hog type as well) or replacing regular hoses every few years.

I have some DS4 type 1sts and yes there's a "kink" in the hoses there. But the milflex are like a bandaid on a broken arm.

I have some DS4 type 1sts and yes there's a "kink" in the hoses there. But the milflex are like a bandaid on a broken arm.

So "some DS4 types" are just "broken arms?" I really don't like the bulk of the turret regulators.

So "some DS4 types" are just "broken arms?" I really don't like the bulk of the turret regulators.

LOL, touche

Mk25s with a G250 or S600 2nd are some of the best regs anywhere, why don't you like them?

I have both MK25s and HOG knockoffs of the DS4s. The Mk25s are awesome. I'm diving a <45 degF fresh water cave again this summer and wanted some sealed regs for that. I dove it last year on the Mk25s without any issues, but was able to justify the purchase to my wife on the cold water up there so I'm sticking with that story :wink:

LOL, touche

Mk25s with a G250 or S600 2nd are some of the best regs anywhere, why don't you like them?

I have both MK25s and HOG knockoffs of the DS4s. The Mk25s are awesome. I'm diving a <45 degF fresh water cave again this summer and wanted some sealed regs for that. I dove it last year on the Mk25s without any issues, but was able to justify the purchase to my wife on the cold water up there so I'm sticking with that story :wink:

Re Scubapro regulators; I don't not like them, they just won't sell me parts. I like them fine.

Re knock-offs of the DS4; I have the original "knock-offs" and they'll sell me parts cheaper than Apeks will sell me parts for the ostensibly orafice-challenged version.
How are the HOG ones?

At any rate, good luck with the woman................

I just don't see a point to switching to these hoses in the first place

because they fit ohhh so much better on my breather :)

that aside, on an open circuit setup,, they're just MUCH more comfy and easy to work with.

Ohh and after 10 years of angles on regs, yet to get a failure on one!! yet to actually see a failure either coem to think of it in my 18 years of diving!!!

only prob's ive seen is with the swivels, so...

only dramas is that they do fray slightly after years of use, and they are light in comparison to the old style. But, much better product in my opinion.

Wouldnt go near the HP's however... seen too many bust..

KY:
because they fit ohhh so much better on my breather :)

that aside, on an open circuit setup,, they're just MUCH more comfy and easy to work with.

Ohh and after 10 years of angles on regs, yet to get a failure on one!! yet to actually see a failure either coem to think of it in my 18 years of diving!!!

only prob's ive seen is with the swivels, so...

only dramas is that they do fray slightly after years of use, and they are light in comparison to the old style. But, much better product in my opinion.

Wouldnt go near the HP's however... seen too many bust..
I think you got lost and stumbled across the wrong forum.

Miflex on back-up reg and wing inflator. They bend a bit easier than the traditional hoses, so it feels like less strain on the tight bends. Don't like them on the long hose.

Personally I like the idea of an environmentally sealed reg - preferably without grease injected - so diaphragm regs it is for me. And the DS4 (and clones) and Tek3 regs point the ambient chamber in for a smoother overall profile. That said, on a set of MK10s the hoses route *very* nicely :)

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom