DIR Class: The Truth Comes Out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really appreciate the kind comments.

Writing about it helps me to understand it. I get so much more out of a situation when I write about it afterwards, because I can get a whole new perspective on it. I write it, and then I get to read it from a third person's point of view.

So the truth is that I write for selfish reasons. :mean:

But that's not all of it... I also really enjoy sharing the experience. Kinda like diving... It's just much better when spent with a buddy.

So I appreciate you guys letting me write...

Hearing an experienced diver deal with the boyancy issues of diving in a full wetsuit made me feel pretty good being a novice.

I dive primarily in full, 7mm wetsuit w/hood, gloves, booties. Water temps. in mid-to upper 50s. What fun I had in the keys diving 5mm shorty for the first time! Couldn't believe I only needed 10 lbs as opposed to my normal 24 lbs! I guess diving in New England from the start can really give me an edge. Like skiing, they say if you can ski in New England, you can ski anywhere (due to the less than perfect conditions/ice). You WWW are spoiled!

SeaJay once bubbled...
I really appreciate the kind comments.

Writing about it helps me to understand it. I get so much more out of a situation when I write about it afterwards, because I can get a whole new perspective on it. I write it, and then I get to read it from a third person's point of view.

So the truth is that I write for selfish reasons. :mean:

But that's not all of it... I also really enjoy sharing the experience. Kinda like diving... It's just much better when spent with a buddy.

So I appreciate you guys letting me write...

So is there gonna be a sunday version too?You got me hooked now.I cant wait to read it. :D

WreckWriter once bubbled...

Your enthusiasm is contagious and your writing style is great.

WW
You are an asset to the board and fun to read...now...about the diving. Stick with it. As MHK and Andrew no doubt told you, the whole class is about showing you the bar. You CANNOT, I don't care who you are, be at the bar or higher than the bar when you are in the class. IMHO, DIRF is all about seeing what you CAN be and then going home and practicing for weeks to get there.

Once you know what you SHOULD look like and have all those new tools in your toolbox, a few weeks of practice and you will be amazed at your progress... Besides, those guys practically live in the water and I swear to God some of them have gills...you can't be that good unless you dive all the time like they do, but you CAN improve..

Hang in there!

... at least you didn't break down and cry during the class... I had a friend who did!

Waiting for the report on Sunday... it did get better didn't it???

Yep - thats the "good stuff" I was looking for Jay.... excellent report.... look forward to Sunday.... I hope it got better!

friggin' equipment eh?........

SS

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
... at least you didn't break down and cry during the class... I had a friend who did!

I darn near did... While I was staring at the water for 45 minutes. When the tear came up, I punched it.

It hurt.

Thought I'd given myself a black eye.

Don't tell anyone. :D

I was soooo mad... It's kinda funny now, but boy, at the time...

Waiting for the report on Sunday... it did get better didn't it???

Whoo, writing this stuff really "takes it out of me." I might have to wait another day or two before I can finish. :mean: :D

It's not too many of us that can express ourselves with the level of self-effacing candor that you do. I'm looking forward to the rest of the tale like everyone else. :thumb:

Rick

Back
Top Bottom