DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive Event - October 9th - Final Planning / Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I clicked also and was refused by facebook. Are there any non-facebook options for the photo's?

Wow! You couldn't have scripted this day to go better. It definitely dispelled the "rep" that DIR divers are a cultish group who look with disdain at non-DIR divers. I learned so much, and got to try out a bp/w,and dive with Steve Millington - that was worth the price of admission right there!

Didn't you drink the Kool-Ade Lee Ann :wink:

The day was totally awesome as everyone has said. I was talking with some divers afterwards (not anyone from the event) and I got the whole "Natzi" divers thing. I was actually listening to some of the participants (sorry can't remember everyone's names) discussing how to dispel that label. Well it through events like this. Thanks to Nicole and to all the great divers and instructors who spent a day with us. Especially Kareem who I got to dive with and Steve.

A *huge* thank you to Nicole and Chris Hirsch, and all who helped organize and promote this event - it was awesome! It was a pleasure to see so many divers join for a great day of diving, learning, trying gear, and meeting other passionate divers in our community. For me, it's very rewarding introducing divers to a new gear configuration and showing them how cool diving is with a well skilled team! Also a big thank you to the instructors, Karim & Hollywoodivers for donating bp/wings, and for all who attended this event. Glad to have been a part of this!

Any curious or full dir cool aid willing to buddy with me on the sundiver express on Saturday ?

I've lost my favorite buddy for many of the coming months :crying2:

Any curious or full dir cool aid willing to buddy with me on the sundiver express on Saturday ?

I've lost my favorite buddy for many of the coming months :crying2:

Here's to wishing Catherine a speedy recovery. For those who were there, she was the one who hurt her knee during the surf entry....unfortunately, it resulted in a torn ACL that must be surgically repaired :(

Can't make it this weekend, Cyrille....hope you can find a buddy though!

Here's to wishing Catherine a speedy recovery. For those who were there, she was the one who hurt her knee during the surf entry....unfortunately, it resulted in a torn ACL that must be surgically repaired :(

Can't make it this weekend, Cyrille....hope you can find a buddy though!

Thanks Nicole !

Well, if i cannot find anyone, I'll dive solo .... just KIDDING !
and if really can't dive this Saturday, I'll join the demo day. Heard someone saying I need some practise ;-)

Just wanted to say thank you to Nicole for organizing this event! I had a great time, really looking forward to Fundies in just a week or so now!

Cyrille, very sorry to hear about the mishap in the surf zone! Souhaite lui bon retablisement de ma part!

Allen, Charles, Peter and Trevor, it was absolutely awesome diving with you guys, hope to do more of it soon!

Safe diving,

Alex.

Cyrille, I heard about what happened to Catherine. So sad! Hope she heals quickly and can join us for some dives soon.

Jen and I aren't diving Sat, but we'll be at the pool on Sun in case you come. Have fun, regardless!

I saw Karim on Wednesday and said that Catherine was having tests done. I was hoping it wasn't ACS, but alas :depressed: Surgery is the only relief. Take care and you will be in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.

I'm very sorry to hear Catherine's injury. :( Take care and best wishes for a fast recovery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom