DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive Event - October 9th - Final Planning / Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Date: 10/08/2010
Time: 10:00am
Surf: 1-3ft
Surge: Light- Moderate
Visibility: 10-12ft
Temperature: Temp69
TIDES LOW3:51am4:28pm HIGH9:45am 10:41pm

Hey this looks pretty good! I've become surf-averse in my old age. :wink: I used to be much more willing to brave the swells, but these days I don't like to go in if it's much more than ankle-slappers. 1-3ft I can probably deal with (provided I time my entry to hit the 1-fters, not the 3-fters). And 10-12 is not too bad for beach diving - I've done worse, especially in Malibu.

And 69 degrees? That's downright tropical, considering most of the water temps I've seen this summer!

I'm bringing my camera, but not sure if I'm going to bring it in the water or not...I'll see what it looks like.

This will be my first time diving Laguna, so I'm pretty excited about that. Oh, and as an added bonus, Charlie and I just celebrated our 26th anniversary two days ago, and we got married at Crescent Bay Point Park (just up the road from Heisler). We haven't been there in many years. It'll be a nice memory to revisit.

See y'all there!

Unfortunatly a family issue has come up so I can't make it :(

Nicole,

Thanks for organizing this event. I had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people.

Yes thanks for setting things up. I would have stayed longer if the Laguna police were not madly running about and writing tickets.

Good to meet and dive with the group.

Thank you all for coming out! I had a great time and hope you all did as well.

We were treated to great vis, mellow surf, nice weather, and tons of food and socializing.

Thank you all for making this a success :D

Huge kudos to Nicole for getting this whole thing together. Great meeting so many new people today as well as reconnecting with old dive buddies. Very huge success, Nicole!

We also had a great time. Nicole, thanks so much for the work you put into this I think it turned out to be a great success!

Each way I looked there was an enthusiastic interested diver and in the other direction was many of the most well known tech divers in the country. I couldn't believe the crowd that came together for this even.

Hopefully we managed to inspire at least a few of them too! The food was great but the company and chat was better.

So bummed I had to miss it (paper due on Monday and I just couldn't get away). :(

From the reports I've heard, sounds like it went extremely well. Happy to hear everyone had a great time and conditions cooperated.

Hope to get to dive with some of the DIR-curious divers in the near future.

Well done, Nicole!

Great event Nicole! Wish my knee wasn't jacked and I could have gone in the water. However, I had a great time on the surface chatting with everyone.

So bummed I had to miss it (paper due on Monday and I just couldn't get away). :(

From the reports I've heard, sounds like it went extremely well. Happy to hear everyone had a great time and conditions cooperated.

Hope to get to dive with some of the DIR-curious divers in the near future.

Well done, Nicole!

Missed you buddy, it killed me that you couldn't make it! Lets dive soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom