DIR/GUE gear guestion ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...
I haven't found a cold water, Great Lakes dive that my 27# Pioneer couldn't handle yet. For single tank, wetsuit dives, it works just fine, for me anyway.:D
when I went up to Fifth Dimension to get my Halcyon, they sold me the 36# wing. I'm pretty sure that's what they sell to all single tank divers up here in the PNW (L.A. is "coldwater diving", Arnaud?! puhhh-leeeze). I'm not too sure I would want only 27# of lift wearing what I wear up here...

Jimmie

I have a 36# wing I'm using for singles diving. I've never come close to fully inflating it, so in actuality I probably could have gotten by with a 27#. The difference betweena 27# and a 36# in terms of additional drag isn't that great, you won't be dis-serviced by getting a 36# over a 27# if you want to be cautious and err on the side of too much max bouyency.

kalvyn once bubbled...

when I went up to Fifth Dimension to get my Halcyon, they sold me the 36# wing. I'm pretty sure that's what they sell to all single tank divers up here in the PNW (L.A. is "coldwater diving", Arnaud?! puhhh-leeeze). I'm not too sure I would want only 27# of lift wearing what I wear up here...

Jimmie

Sorry, Kalvyn. I didnt say that LA had the coldest water in the world. But in my book, 52°F is cold and that's before hitting the thermocline.

Arnaud once bubbled...
Sorry, Kalvyn. I didnt say that LA had the coldest water in the world. But in my book, 52°F is cold and that's before hitting the thermocline.
Hey, no offense intended I just had to needle a little. :) 52°F is defintely not warm-water diving, that's for sure. I'm a little more jealous of the sunny and 72° SIT you guys always get, myself... well that and being able to go to Chavez Ravine and see the Dodgers play when they're home.

Jimmie

kalvyn once bubbled...

Hey, no offense intended I just had to needle a little. :) 52°F is defintely not warm-water diving, that's for sure. I'm a little more jealous of the sunny and 72° SIT you guys always get, myself... well that and being able to go to Chavez Ravine and see the Dodgers play when they're home.

Jimmie

Not big on baseball, sorry. It's actually about 85° right now :)

The only problem in SoCal is that, even with a dry suit, you're never really dry :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom