DIR in Germany?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be in Stuttgart. I assume they don't teach C1 classes in the mines? I don't have a tech checkout from Fundies, but I might try for it if there was a reason.

The C1 stuff is in France and is low water dependent. There are few or no flooded caves in Germany. But the mines do have mainlines and can be done on C1 limits. They are just not caves and hence they don't teach you how to cave dive there. The mines are not influenced by flooding conditions (not to the point where they are undivable).

I would be very surprised if DIR wasn't big in Germany. After all it is very much in line with the traditional "Disziplin und Ordnung" mentality :D

Yes, but there's not that much diving. If you're cave1-2 they do a fair amount of mine diving in northern Germany. That's looked good.

(quick hijack)

Thank you. Just added that to my list after a quick google and browse through oxy-doc.

We have an open space in our Cave 1 in France in about two and a half weeks if you can make it and get your tech pass in time.

That'd be a bit aggressive for me, even assuming everything went well :) But thanks!

I would be very surprised if DIR wasn't big in Germany. After all it is very much in line with the traditional "Disziplin und Ordnung" mentality :D

Hahaha, as a German, I have to say this comment is awesome! :D

Is there much of a DIR community in Germany? Might be going there for an extended period of time for business.

You can PM the GUE instructors in Germany and see what they say and propose.

Instead of going north at this time of the year, you can think south, and stop by Switzerland.
Then you have 1 GUE inst overthere - (with mostly one minor exception, every country in Europe has a GUE instructor) - who can probably help too.

It may still be early, but they have great lakes overthere.
Outside DIR recommendation (oups): you can also contact Bruno at Scuba viva in Zurich:
info@scubaviva.ch
Scuba Viva - Dive Shop - Switzerland

I think he knows some great places, and Zurick may be at 'reasonable travel distance'

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom