DIR the first time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*:
For example, it's not meant for solo diving or deep air diving
Some of us don't see that as a limitation.

*Floater*:
On whether DIR is the overall best approach, that sort of depends on what you want from it. I personally like it, but it's very demanding and has some limitations (if you follow it to the letter). For example, it's not meant for solo diving or deep air diving, and may be overkill for someone solely interested in rec diving (just my opinion).
Can you expand on why you consider those to be limitations?

*Floater*:
If you want to argue the semantics or the merits, then please start another thread and argue with people who want to argue.
Your the one using semantics to avoid answering a question. You could of just answered that you believe in personal preference.

JeffG:
Your the one using semantics to avoid answering a question. You could of just answered that you believe in personal preference.

This has nothing to do with personal preference. I get the feeling that you and cornfed are trying pick an arguement with me on the merits (or lack thereof) of deep air or solo diving even though I didn't opine on their merits and frankly have no desire to argue about it.

*Floater*:
I get the feeling that you and cornfed are trying pick an arguement with me on the merits (or lack thereof) of deep air or solo diving
No, what we were asking is why you believe that the issues of not doing something represents a limitations of DIR, when other people would see them as strengths.

Offshore:
At the risk of being told "no soup for you", I confess I am a relatilvely newly certified diver who has read tons of threads here and elsewhere, and before I invest too much more in gear, training and diving experience, would like to make sure I "do it right" and simple the first time.

For those who really believe DIR is the best overall approach for all diving, not just cave and technical but also recreational, atlantic wreck, dutch springs, and any other type of dive, what do you recommend?

since you are local to me, I recommend you link up with me in the near future. I was at Dutch yesterday, and will probably be there next weekend too. you may also wish to check out www.ne-ue.com

cheers,
VADIM

JeffG:
No, what we were asking is why you believe that the issues of not doing something represents a limitations of DIR, when other people would see them as strengths.

Okay, this is the last reply I'll waste on this thread: I expressed no belief about whether limiting something is a strength or a weakness of the DIR system, just that it's indeed a limitation. Maybe if you think it over it'll make sense to you... or maybe not.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom