Disadvantages of DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Gibson:
btw, I forgot to mention this in the last reply. For the really slow people out there.

emoticons = emotional icons

Your right I'm slow, did you ask me if I wanted fries with my happy meal,

Tell you what, If you don't reply to any of my posts I will not reply to yours. that's the best I can do for you.If that's not good for you I'll have no choice but to say things like,The mop and bucket are ready for you in the restroom,The sign clearly says wash your hands , and no that's not what I ordered can I speak to your superviser please,

I'm sure by now you can see were I'm going with this?

BTW I did look up emoticons in the websters collegiate dictionary and it wasn't there. So maybe I'm not slow after all

Do we have a deal?

How old is your dictionary?

Soggy:
Not even close.
WRONG! "REC DIR" and "TECH DIR" are real delineations. The difference is much like the Scubaboard/Cyber Diver version of DIR and the actual version you learn by logging off, meeting a few people and actually diving.

It pays to keep current, not only with new words, but also new ideas.

diverbrian:
This part of the board is for the DIR divers to discuss their system without a bunch of non-productive comments to egg everybody on into full-fledged flame wars.
Actually, if you can find it in all these post, Uncle Pug said that they have written off this particular thread.

Albion:
blah blah blah blah, when there was a thread in the basic dive discussions about being non DIR, all the DIR divers pounced and changed the tone of the thread to pro DIR, therefore I think it is quite acceptable to flame bait in this forum.

It is becoming almost like DIR is some protected minority group that no one can can make ANY comment about, oh that's racist , oh feminist oh DIRist get out of my forum.
If you would just open you eyes you would realize there is nothing special about this forum except for one thing: the topic tends to spark heated debates. Are the any other topics like that... hmm, oh yeah, solo diving! If you look at the sticky posts in the new solo section you'll realize it is a no trolling section much like this one. Why? Because solo diving tends to spark heated debates.

I'm pretty sure if you started a solo diving thread in the Basic Scuba section you'd get answers from both sides. However if you started one in the Solo section you'd only get pro-solo answers and the moderators would do there best to keep the trolling and flaming down.

So I guess you're right DIR is a protected minority. Just like all other topics which spark flame wars.

Dan Gibson:
:shakehead Did someone let Karl back in?
No, novadiver is annoying but not nearly as condecending as our ad hominem spewing friend.

MASS-Diver:
Hey bro, he's the one that posted that having a clipped off octo was not a big problem. What's wrong with what I said, I though I made a good point: even though everyone hears how DIR is not just about the gear, that you do need to have the correct rig or you ain't DIR ?

Jon ... of course having a clipped-off octopus isn't DIR. That's a given, and not at all a matter of dispute. It's also not the point. You also said it was "scary" and "unsafe".

Now, I realize this is the DIR forum ... but I think that's a misconception, at best. Although the hog rig is a more efficient way to dive, it's not the only "safe" way to dive, at least not at the recreational level.

Jon ... why do you think diving with a clipped off octopus is "scary" and "unsafe"? Let's explore that for a moment, and see if perhaps you can see the point I'm getting at here. Keep it in the context of someone who has just finished OW, and has a total of 5 dives since then ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

novadiver:
Who calls someone DUDE?please grow up.:)

Well ... um ... I do. Been doing it for nearly 40 years now.

And I plan to move to NeverNever land when I retire ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom