discrepancy between computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

---------- Post added February 15th, 2015 at 10:14 AM ----------

Clarification:

My buddy has a Geo 2.0 that he likes except he can't read the small screen.

He bought a Pro Plus 3 for the big screen but discovered the algorithm is way conservative compared to the Geo 2.0 - same settings, same dives. He ditched the PP3 and bought a Veo 3.0.

He compared the Veo 3.0 with the Geo 2.0, same dives, same settings, and found them to be nearly identical.

I dove the VTX and the Veo 3.0, same dives, same settings, and the VTX is way conservative compared to the VEO 3.0.

I will dive the VTX and Geo 2.0 next, but since Veo 3.0 = Geo 2.0 algorithmically, I don't expect that the VTX to match the Geo 2.0

My theory, that appears to have a lot of empirical evidence behind it, is that the Oceanic Pelagic DSAT implementation is inconsistent among its product line.

I have a VT3 I've been diving for almost 5 years and a Geo2 backup I've been diving for almost 4 years. They run DSAT within a minute of each other, always. I have 3 older ProPlus 2s that others in my family dive and they run very close to my computers.

The only time I've had trouble with the DSAT algorithm was with an old ProPlus in which the altitude sensor went bad. Oceanic replaced it with a refurbished PP2 for free (back in the old days). The current connection to the 50% default option does not make intuitive sense to me but some kind of programming error may be the explanation. If I remember correctly DD's computer worked fine at one point and then went bad, that doesn't seem like a programming error

My confidence in Oceanic quality and service is slowly being shaken. Would like to hear what the resolution to this problem is

Well after a rather long delay and several conversations with Mr. Doug Krause... today I received a replacement computer.

Thanks Oceanic and Mr. Krause!

Oceanic requested I send them my VTX. I received a replacement VTX promptly. Will post results from next dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom