Discussion on Full Face masks with communication systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Come on Jakub, you can easily plug the comport of the M-48 if you pull the comms. The mask even comes with one or two plugs. Still trying to get rid of the Dragers, huh?

Hope you're doing well. See you in Chicago?

Patrick, actually, positive pressure has little effect under water. It was designed as an SCBA feature. The demand regulator functions (as do most FFM's) as positive pressure when the regulator is positioned lowest in the water column in relation to the air space of the mask, this being the normal swimming position. With the regulator higher in the water column, inverted, any mask will flood if you break the seal, even a positive pressure mask. The demand regulator is, for the most part, every bit as dry as a positive pressure and more user friendly.

Come on Jakub, you can easily plug the comport of the M-48 if you pull the comms. The mask even comes with one or two plugs. Still trying to get rid of the Dragers, huh?

Hope you're doing well. See you in Chicago?

I guess you can plug it, but I just do not like cutting the rubber of my FFM.
Trying to get rid of Dragers? Can't keep them in stock. They are selling quite well. :)

Back
Top Bottom