Disney's Dive Quest Report....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I got back from Florida and have to say that DiveQuest was a BLAST!!! And everyone described it up nicely here. the only problem I found was that I was slightly underweighted but not enough to be an issue. My family took some great pictures - and also ended up on the DVD with me on one side of the glass and them on the other. It was great fun putting on a show for the people (especially the kids) watching through the viewing windows. I had both a Sea Turtle and an Eagle Rays swimming right along side me at times - and those 9' sandtiger sharks were an awesome sight. All-in-all a great dive! Highly recommended!!!

I'm doing this during our December trip. Where's the best place for the family to hang out? The restaurant or the observation deck?

AL

Diveral:
I'm doing this during our December trip. Where's the best place for the family to hang out? The restaurant or the observation deck?AL
If your family is in the "cul-de-sac"/corridor area inside the Living Seas attraction you'll walk by them on your way to the entry point. They'll also be in the video with you if they stake a claim at one of the acrylic panels during your dive and you position yourself by them. See post #85 for the 4:30 dive scedule.

I just got back from doing the Dive Quest too! It was a real fun dive. Also, I was the ONLY one who signed up for the 5:30 session, so I had the tank to myself (plus the videographer and dive master).

I'VE NEVER SEEN SUCH LARGER GROUPER IN MY LIFE !!! AND THOSE SANDTIGERS TOO! TALK ABOUT UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL!

I have to admit, Playing with with the kids in the window is as fun as watching the sea life.

Again, Recommended.

...steve...

stever2002:
I just got back from doing the Dive Quest too! It was a real fun dive. Also, I was the ONLY one who signed up for the 5:30 session, so I had the tank to myself (plus the videographer and dive master).

I'VE NEVER SEEN SUCH LARGER GROUPER IN MY LIFE !!! AND THOSE SANDTIGERS TOO! TALK ABOUT UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL!

I have to admit, Playing with with the kids in the window is as fun as watching the sea life.

Again, Recommended.

...steve...

Wow! They actually will still do it if there's only one diver? Cool!

Those sand tigers were so amazing, but it always seemed like they were following me around when I was in there!

I live 10 minutes from Epcot...
I cant wait until I get my certification finished so I can check this out!
Maybe a monthly dive there too? :D

Just to add my 2 cents, my favorite part of the dive was how they involved my family. They understood that I wanted to surprise my boys so they descretely brought my wife and boys to a particular spot and I just swam up. It blew my boys away. It was also great that there were only 2 people in my group. I WAS ALL OVER THE VIDEO as were my boys. Then Mickey swam up that was amazing. I really enjoyed interacting with the people outside the glass.

Finding myself in Orlando for the first time in a couple of weeks, and then after reading this entire topic, I booked this dive today. Going with a couple of non-diving friends from work who will be stuck on the outside watching me have fun on the inside. Thanks for all the tips and advice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom