Dive Boat Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now on the descent line I am separated from my buddy with an unknown diver between us and had to swim past him on the line to rejoin my buddy and our guide and may have caused an equalization problem with my right ear from over-pressuring.

It sounds like you were too anxious to get back to your buddy, maybe rushing to do so... Hence, neglecting your equalization. Never let something like that allow you to neglect your own safety. Never. It was probably stressed in class to stay with your buddy, but handle the separation calmly. This probably won't be the last time you become separated if you continue diving. All in all, some good small lessons on your trip. Nice of you to post on this board. Have fun, be safe.

The way I see it is if someone has their full gear on and ready to enter, whoever is in the way should let the diver through. Making someone wait standing up and wearing fins when there are swells just doesn't sit right with me. It actually happened to me on several occasions. I'd politely let them know that I was ready now and my buddy was waiting and they would let me pass.

I also agree that the guide and your dive buddy should have waited for you though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom