Dive boats on Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gringoantonio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone have a dive boat/dive company on Grand Cayman that they recommend? I'll be by myself, so a private boat will not be necessary. I'll also probably need to rent gear-- this is a family trip and I'll only have one day to dive so I won't be packing much other than a mask, snorkel, fins & octo.

Also, if I can only dive 1 day, which dive do you recommend?

Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks!

Staying @ the Marriott.

Intermediate diver.

Nothing in particular I want to see, though, I'm more interested in marine life than wrecks. Pretty much just looking for the most spectacular dives in the area...

Thanks!

Thanks Doug,

When I called Divers Down, I was told that they only have aluminum tanks for the dives, not steel. Was that the case when you went? I've never been on a boat that didn't have a compressor, so two alum 80s seems a bit short...

Thanks!

For diving on the West Side / 7 Mile Beach area (which is where you are staying), try Don Foster's. They will let you do your own thing and are pretty relaxed.

I recommend, though, that you try to get out to the N Wall for better dive sites: try Neptune Divers, Ambassador Divers, Off the Wall, Wall to Wall.

AFAIK, all dive boats on Grand Cayman provide AL80s or AL72s. None of the boats have compressors on board.

Thanks Doug,

When I called Divers Down, I was told that they only have aluminum tanks for the dives, not steel. Was that the case when you went? I've never been on a boat that didn't have a compressor, so two alum 80s seems a bit short...

Thanks!
Yep,
It's the Carribean. Alum 80's is the norm. If you go to Sunset Divers you will get 72's.
If you go with Divetech, they do have 100's available. They can probably outfit you with doubles too since they do technical diving there as well as recreational diving.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the advice!

I'm flying out tomorrow and am very excited about my first Caribbean SCUBA & free dive experiences.

I'll be sure to share feedback when I return.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom