Dive Boats - San Diego area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divmstr223:
Lois Ann is a great boat with great people on board. The only negative I would mention is that I left 4 messeges over a period of a week, and 1 email to reserve a spot. It took almost 2 weeks total for them to call me back. Probably a fluke and won't happen again.

I give them an A+ for the service they give though....Carl, one of the boat Captains is great guy, and Anita the Divemaster is equally as cool.

I'll definitely dive with them again...(granted I can score a reservation) :wink:

I am in the same boat, so to speak. :wink: I have left a couple of messages and even sent an email without a reply. :confused:

I hope to make a dive on Lois Ann in a couple of weeks.

SharkDZ:
I am in the same boat, so to speak. :wink: I have left a couple of messages and even sent an email without a reply. :confused:

I hope to make a dive on Lois Ann in a couple of weeks.

Hey Shark,

The Lois Ann is a great boat. During the summer they have a semi fulltime reservation coordinator. I think she just went back to school though, so they are in transition to the slower season. If they don't get back to you, and if you don't mind a no frills operation, you might look into Dive Connections. They do frequent weekday trips, and have an online reservation system. You just sign up and show up.

John

We had an excellent time on the Lois Ann!! We did the Coronados one day and Wreck Alley the next. Awesome crew and boat. If you're lucky you will get treated to an impromptu whale watching expedition like we did on the way back from the Coronados.

Thanks, everyone. I'll look into all the recommendations, followed by a full dive report. :)

Jeff,

That is an excellent report! I've actually forwarded the link to my dive buddies. :D
I hope to get some dives on her very soon.

Thanks,

Shark

So what is the secret for getting onto the Lois Ann? I've called/left two messages and so has my buddy. No response after 12 hours. Is this normal or are they way to busy to assist new customers? We've been calling the 800 number. I'm a little disappointed in their lack of response.:confused:

Call their office every 5 minutes from the time of departure to 30 minutes thereafter. Also start calling again just after their scheduled arrival. Their daily schedules are posted on their web site. Worked for me.

Jeff,

Will do. Is it worth leaving a message? I'll be persistent.

Thanks,

Shark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom