Dive Boats - San Diego area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yesterday afternoon Carl had left a message that they were going out in the morning with a 0730 boarding time. I called back, leaving a message saying that we would be there. We got there and only one other diver was onboard. I met Carl and Anita, both of whom are very cool. They were also very accommodating and even taking 3 divers out to Wreck Alley. Not bad for a Monday morning. Our first dive was on the Yukon, my first dive on a real wreck. I've read and heard lots of stories so I was excited and nervous wondering what the visibility would be. Much to our surprise it was probably in the 50' plus range. Anita our DM said she's made over a hundred dives there and that was the best conditions she's seen. It "felt" very cold. My computer read 60 degrees, but it felt like it was below 50! Oh, well. Not a lot of big fish, but did see dozens of jellies of different sizes and types. During our SI, we 3 divers devoured the platter full of bagels and pastries. The 2nd dive was on the Ruby E. By this time the surface current was a little stronger. We splashed and kicked our way to the bouy and made our descent to the bow. Viz wasn't as good, but still not bad in my opinion. We went into the small compartments and then found the toilet bowl amidships. I had to ceremoniously sit on the thrown for giggles. My dive buddy tried unsuccesfully to take pics. After a trip around the hull we surfaced with the swell picking up. It's was challenging to get up on the swim step while the boat was heaving in the swell. Timing was curcial. :) Sandwiches for our SI and down to the El Rey for our last dive. This dive was cool, but not as good as the last two. Half way through our dive I checked my computer and it was showing surface data and then started to wig out, so we headed up the rope for our safety stop. A little disappointed in the computer, but it didn't ruin the great day of diving. Did I mention how cold it was?!!!

In summary, Carl and Anita are very good people and I will definitely dive with them again, hopefully very soon. If you want to dive the Lois Ann, be patient and persistent. It's well worth it. Thanks to all that replied.

Sounds like you had a great day of diving. Thanks for posting your report. Next time I get bad to SD, I want to give the wrecks a try with them.

Jeff

okiejeff:
Sounds like you had a great day of diving. Thanks for posting your report. Next time I get bad to SD, I want to give the wrecks a try with them.

Jeff

Let me know when and I'll try to get on that boat with you guys. :D

Back
Top Bottom