Dive Boats: What Are 'Yours' Like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There used to be three boats that operated out of the bay/harbour nearest to my place (southern edge of Sydney). However, there are now none. The last one just stopped taking his boat out, no idea why, he could have captured a lot of business when the second last boat sank and the business went under (bad pun).

Now the only diving apart from a group that occasionally charters a fishing boat to dive a deep wreck, is from private boats. That is why there are now 9 private boats in our club.

The bay north of us has one boat but he has no idea and even after many years cannot find dive sites. Sydney Harbour now only has a two or three charter boats (I think), one concentrating on technical diving. The bay to the north of Sydney has one operator.

All charge way too much and wonder why their business is poor.

A few different types of boats operate out of Panama City. Fl. Cost is around $80 for a 2 tank in shore dive up to around $120 for either an offshore or 3 tank dive. If I'm not diving with friends on their boats I dive with Divers Den. They have a boat that will take 11 divers with two tanks (a bit of a squeeze). However the boat crew make it a fun experience.

Ya, like The Lark. It was a very old boat and should have been scraped when I dove off it in 1973.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Lark is waiting for crane day in Tobermory!

oops phone loaded this upside down, the Lark is really upright ;-)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 115
Our local boat is a 7m alloy pontoon boat. Skipper and 6-8 divers with 2 tanks. Not the most spacious boat out there but it works well.

Typical day boat on the east coast here:

942243_10200264634350830_1998640585_n.jpg

Last weekend we were 20 miles + offshore, cost was £70 per person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom