Dive Buddies Needed in Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba106

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this site and relatively new to scuba but have Advanced Certification. I'm looking for dive buddies for new adventures in Michigan. I dove the Straits of Mackinaw a few weeks ago and Lexington the other night. I would like to finish off the summer with a camping / dive trip to Alger Underwater Preserve.

Hi scuba106,
Welcome to SB, looks lke you know just where to post for maximum results.
Good luck finding some buddies.
David

scuba106:
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this site and relatively new to scuba but have Advanced Certification. I'm looking for dive buddies for new adventures in Michigan. I dove the Straits of Mackinaw a few weeks ago and Lexington the other night. I would like to finish off the summer with a camping / dive trip to Alger Underwater Preserve.

What part of Michigan are you from? There's several on this board from SE MI , NW OH, or NE IN.

bob

Hey Scuba106 you may want to take a look at attending the Meet & Greet in September. This will be held at Gilboa Quarry in Ohio. Take some time a fill out your profile so that everyone knows where you hail from.

Mitten Diver

I'd like to do some Alger Preserve diving in Sept. too! Let me know what your plan is.
Welcome to the board!

Ok, it's seems we have a growing list of enthusatic diver's out there who'd like to dive Alger Underwater Preserve this September. If we could get together on this site, set a date, meet location, lodging etc. I think it'd be fun to actually pull this dive adventure together. I am not familar with the location but am willing to do some research if needed. Those wanting to sign up, please advise.

I hope we can pull this off too! We've gotta do it quick though. We have, at most, 3 weekends to do it. How about the weekend of the 10th and 11th?

I contacted a couple of charters yesterday. I'll post their replys when I get home.

Some Charter info
------------------
ShipWreck Tours Inc.
Diving charters cost $70 per diver with a min. of 2 divers. 2 tank/wreck dives take about 4 hours. Wreck sites a decided upon at the dock according to weather etc.Lodging and shipwreck info can be accessed from the links page of www.funtimecharters.com

NorthStar Charters
You would need two people to leave the dock. The cost is $100
each. The price goes to $70 if you have three or more. This is for two
site dive. We would go to what ever site in the bay you choose as long as
weather is ok.

Just a thought.... You might want to start a new thread now that a time and place have been selected. More people may look at a thread regarding an wreck charter than a generic 'need a buddy' one.

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom