Dive Buddy Pick-ups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where are you going diving? It sounds like you are talking about sore diving (therwise you would match up with someone on the boat. Are you going to Cocoview on Roatan or Bonaire? Give us that and I think we can make more direct suggestions.

If you are diving with a group, use that as already suggested to help find a buddy for extra dives. Depending on your schedule don't look to pick someone on the first encounter. Let yourself become comfortable in the location and get to know your fellow divers.

Where are you going diving? It sounds like you are talking about sore diving (therwise you would match up with someone on the boat. Are you going to Cocoview on Roatan or Bonaire? Give us that and I think we can make more direct suggestions.

I'll be at Sunset House on Grand Cayman 3/29 - 4/2. I'll be arriving mid-afternoon on 3/29, and would actually like to do a dive on arrival. I wonder how late the dive shop stays open. I'll need to rent gear, get a locker, etc. But then if I can find a buddy I'd love to do a shore dive that day. For the next 3 days (3/30, 3/31, 4/1) it'll be boat dives in the morning, Rescue Diver class in the afternoon. On the first 2 of those days, an evening or even a night dive would be appealing. Of course, on the last dive day (4/1) I'll have to knock off after the class, to have 18-24 hours before my flight the next day (4/2) at 12:40pm.

Matt,

I would suggest that a first night dive be part of AOW or with a trusted mentor, This could be a DM hired solely for this purpose, not acting as a group guide.. Tips here.

As for picking up an insta buddy be sure to be sensitive to a non diving "significant other" that you may be traveling with.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom