Dive Center Boats used to long line Sharks in Sanur.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received a similar e-mail

Thank you for your email acccording to below matter.

Actually we was shock to read below email mention. All is not true.
Instead of Diving we do have fishing program but separate. Name of
our fishing program is Ena Fishing Discovery. We do fishing by chatch
and release. We have never catch shark as your email mention. When
never you come in Bali, you can visit our office and you will know
exactly. I have already report everything to Padi. Please advice us
where did you get the news as below mention.

We also would like to inform you that Mr. Ena Partha is the owner of
the Dive Center. He is one of the head enviromental in assosiation
travel agent in Bali. Goverment also cooperate with us to take care
environmen in Bali which is very rare other dive center in Bali do
the same, it's not make sense that we do something bad for the shark.

We also active in Project aware program such as Mangrove Plantation,
Farming coral, Underwater beach clean up, and beach clean up. We do
by our own expenses and we also invite other diving center in Bali to joint.

Should you have any question please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Novianti
Marketing Manager
Phone : +62 361 281751
Fax : +62 361 281751

I received the same word for word email. I also received an email from a Paul tanner of padi wanting my phone number to call me direct to discuss padi's response. I have requested just an email as getting me on the phone is difficult. How would padi know to email unless it was in behalf of ena, which means no action taken and ena were found non involved, or it's a bullcrap email?

I also go the same word for word email in reply to mine.

Dear All,
We have just registered to be a member. Herewith we would like to clarify that Ena Dive is not doing Long Line Shark as mention. All was not true.
PADI has been inspect to our office and Ena Dive unproven long line shark activity. Shark Photo as attachment is taken from somewhere else instead of our beach counter. Boat photo taken while parked and the engine is still wrapped. The banner taken from our beach counter. Photos - Photos of shark does not belong to us. Once again all the news was not true.

Dear All,
We have just registered to be a member. Herewith we would like to clarify that Ena Dive is not doing Long Line Shark as mention. All was not true.
PADI has been inspect to our office and Ena Dive unproven long line shark activity. Shark Photo as attachment is taken from somewhere else instead of our beach counter. Boat photo taken while parked and the engine is still wrapped. The banner taken from our beach counter. Photos - Photos of shark does not belong to us. Once again all the news was not true.

Hello Ena-

I've been meaning to email you the following report as I am the person who confirmed the following investigations:

-Based on eye witnesses the sharks came off of 2 of your boats (one is named 7 Angels)
-The shark photos are taken about 20 meters from your location in Sanur where they prepare all the catch. (& you know this)
-I along with other witnesses spoke to your staff wearing dark blue ENA Polo shirts at your counter & they confirmed they had long lined the sharks the day before.

So unless your unaware of the activities your boats are involved with, I'd suggest you investigate internally rather than deny the facts.

Another point you brought up in your denial letter is ENA's "Catch & Release" type of fishing. This is inconsistent with your own website. (Bali Fishing - Daily Trip Program for Octopus Fishing by Ena Fishing Discovery) Attached is a photo off your site which clearly is not release fishing. A Tripadvisor guest (Tuplae Sept. 19, 2013) reviewed ENA Fishing w/ quote stating, "What really made us feel let down was returning to the shore and waiting for the Ena restaurant to prepare the fish we caught for an hour!"

It took 2.5 years with our Shark Conservation project to rescue and save 66 sharks with the majority being released outside the Sanur reef line, yet it took overnight to kill 60+ plus sharks. Based on all witness accounts and my personal investigation they came from your boats if you like it or not. Your own staff even confirmed the October 19th event.

My intention is not to tarnish anyone's livelihood, however I must raise awareness to these issues even if non intentional as it sets a very negligent example.

Bali Sharks Conservation Team

Attachments

• trolling.jpg
    trolling.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 284
I had a reply from Paul turner who reckons it's a case of mistaken identity but will investigate it further, but to me the last post is pretty damning.

We don’t know who is the eye witnesses but I can tell you for 100% it is impossible that this sharks coming from any of our boats!!!
First at this day the 19th Oct. the 7 Angel boat was back from Diving activity only and not do any activity. The day before 18th Oct 7 Angel boat also use for Diving activity and the rest of the day the boat was parking. Engines were covered!
So if there are eye witnesses and you by your self have seen the sharks coming from our boats why not all witness and you by your self as well come to us and we have a meeting at the spot it self? Then you can tell us exactly what you have seen and which of our staff has confirmed to you that we did this.
Let us know when it would be suitable time for you?
Again we 100% guaranty that this is total wrong information what is posting in here.
Ena Fishing discovery are not commercial fisherman and we do not do long lining!!!
Yes we do offer fishing tour under catch and release but if the clients decide to have the fish for their meal, we let them to have some of them.
By the way, we would like to inform you that it is not legal to use our pictures from our website to post or use in any way and I advise you to remove our picture
from this forum, thanks.
As you write that the pictures of the sharks has been taken 20 meters away from our place. It is not 20 meters but round 50 meters , this is the only thing right in the article!
This is the place where the local fisherman landing and selling and preparing the fish! And never ever using steroform like in the photo, all of you can see that the back ground is local fisherman
The catches at this place and the pictures taken at the place with the sharks are all catches of the local fisherman at this area!!!
And we are very shock that other people telling else information about us and posting pictures from local fisherman from a fish market on the beach.
And telling we are killing sharks and them came from our boats, this we really can’t accept at any way!!!
Again this sharks has been caught by local fisherman and not by us, we do not fish for sharks at all!!!
Further we like to clear up this case with all of you as we mentioned, in a meeting and give you the exact and true answer!

Sorry for our words but this hurt our hearts and soul to get punished for some thing we have not done!!!
I hope you can understand that we can’t accept this because it was not us!

Yes we do offer fishing tour under catch and release but if the clients decide to have the fish for their meal, we let them to have some of them.
And if your guest "accidentally" caught sharks and they would like to have them "for their meal"?

And how do you refute this, EnaDive?
-I along with other witnesses spoke to your staff wearing dark blue ENA Polo shirts at your counter & they confirmed they had long lined the sharks the day before.

I would choose a more eco-friendly operator for my Bali dives, If I were a tourist!

Massive thanks for the report.

Any idea from where 7 Angels was coming before getting back to Sanur ?

The staff member we spoke to from ENA said it was outside the reef line. There is a secret location (that Rip Curl dive tipped us off about) outside the reef line where we have released rescued sharks back into the wild. What makes me cringe is that 2.5 years of shark conservation work is down the drain if they found the same location to fish out.

: (

Last edited:
Dear All,Thank you for all of your comment.Once again we have never catch shark.Mr. Paul Tanner from PADI’s regional manager for Indonesia and East Timor has already inspected all of our boat, all our facilities and project aware. We have never catch shark especially mention as the photo attachment.For more information please contact Mr. Paul from PADI directly as he has all the picture where is the shark photo has been taken which is total different place than our counter on the beach.Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom