Dive Center Boats used to long line Sharks in Sanur.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello BaliSharks

First of all thank you for your time and effort in protecting the sharks in Bali. I am a great supporter of your cause but am wondering if you have perhaps jumped to conclusion here.

I know the little warung where the pictures of the styrofoam boxes have been taken. They sell fresh fish everyday and they are not related to Ena Dive. The pictures that have been sent to you don't prove much and are a little unfair to Ena Dive. From what you wrote, I understand that most of the info you have is only hearsay and your local contact, Pego (a foreigner), was "unable to provide further information".

I think it is fair to give Ena Dive the benefit of doubt until proven guilty. If Ena Dive really does shark fishing then I agree with you that this isn't acceptable at all.

Would be good if Pego good actually tell us here what he saw.
Would also be good if BaliSharks would speak with this particular staff and EnaDive Management (+ Paul Tanner?)

(a foreigner), was "unable to provide further information".

This is in reference to a September indecent in which he was briefed what to ask, look for & do if it happened again. The October indecent he provided much more facts and his story checked out. I have withheld our conversation for protection reasons.

Paul Tanner has yet to attempt to contact me.

To clarify, I have not accused ENA of long lining sharks.
Based on several witnesses, 2 of their boats were used in some sort of capacity. It is up to ENA to investigate this.

ENA will be given a disk with the investigation results & they can make they own determinations. Because it is a delicate manner I have withheld names & the most compelling photos from the public.

ENA will be given a disk with the investigation results & they can make they own determinations. Because it is a delicate manner I have withheld names & the most compelling photos from the public.

So Ena had to learn about this through ScubaBoard or did you contact them before posting this on ScubaBoard?

This is in reference to a September indecent in which he was briefed what to ask, look for & do if it happened again. The October indecent he provided much more facts and his story checked out. I have withheld our conversation for protection reasons.

Paul Tanner has yet to attempt to contact me.

To clarify, I have not accused ENA of long lining sharks.
Based on several witnesses, 2 of their boats were used in some sort of capacity. It is up to ENA to investigate this.

To clarify, that's exactly what you did.

To clarify, that's exactly what you did.

Dear All,

Thank you for your positive and negative comments during this sensitive situation.

Please find below statement from PADI ( Paul Tanner ) that we are not involved in Long Line shark which mention on the issue :

After our own internal investigations, visits to the site and discussion with the staff and the owner of the dive centre, we are satisfied that Ena Dive Center is not involved in the shark fishing mentioned in the report.

We do rely on our community of divers, environmental groups and concerned citizens to report environmental disturbances and the conduct of PADI Dive Centres and Professional Members. We will continue to monitor the situation in Bali and elsewhere as we work towards global long term solution to regulate the trade of threatened and endangered sharks.

Thank you once again.

Thanks for the clarification , if true and I very much hope it is , then the reports seem to be untrue.

Best wishes

Back
Top Bottom