Dive Charters and Vintage Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was planning on getting a banjo from VDH but he has none in stock and I don't know if he will be getting any more. I emailed him a couple days ago but have not received a reply.

If you need one as an emergency for an upcoming trip and have not acquired one elsewhere, I will loan you one. But, you will send it back, you don't want Nemrod after you, just ask the manatees, they quiver like jello at mention of my name. :rofl3:

N

:rofl3: No immediate need, but I certainly appreciate the offer! I am just trying to put together the items I need a little at a time so that I can have everything together by spring.

WD8CH,
What about a low pressure Tee adapter on the hookah port with BC inflator and octopus attached, sitting on a set of twin 72s (or a single 72) using a J valve instead of SPG? I can easily comply with the inflator/octo requirement, but the SPG is not possible at this time. Instead, I use a watch and a conservative SAC rate of 1 cu. ft. per min. My actual SAC rate is .6 to .7, depending on what I am doing.
The low pressure Tee adapter on the hookah port with BC inflator and octopus will probably be just fine but I would suspect that most DMs would balk at the J valve on anything but the shallowest of dives or if your air supply is considerably larger than your buddys. They might approve a pony instead of the SPG. If you are using your own tanks, the valves like Dacors with HP ports are your best choice but with rental tanks you would have to go with the banjo (or a Phoenix).

Okay, I can see where they might balk at the J valve because most people these days don't understand how to use them. But why would my carrying a larger air supply than my buddy be a problem?

BTW: Just got an email from Bryan. Banjos will be available for the Black Friday Sale.

By the way, Bryan just anounced that he will be making the high pressure seats used on all of the USD/Voit 2 stage regulators up to the Royal Aqua Master. He is also remaking the 2nd stage holders for all of the USD/Voit double hose regs.
So, now there is no normaly serviced part of any of these regulators that is not being made as good, and in many cases better, then new.

Okay, I can see where they might balk at the J valve because most people these days don't understand how to use them. But why would my carrying a larger air supply than my buddy be a problem?

I meant that if your air supply was considerably larger than your buddy's, they might accept the J valve by assuming that your buddy with the SPG will run low first.

Oh. Okay. Actually, I was thinking along those lines myself. My sons will be diving singles, while I am planning on diving twin 72s. I am thinking this would be safer for two reasons: They would run low first and end the dive and I would have plenty of air in case it is needed by one of them for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom