Dive clubs in Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S2S

New
Reaction score
It`ll be my first time in Dahab. So I`m looking for good dive club there. After some e-mail I choose following

1. Club Red Divers
2.South Dive Clubs
3.Torchdiver
4. Ok club

What to choose? Any suggestion?

S2S:
It`ll be my first time in Dahab. So I`m looking for good dive club there. After some e-mail I choose following

1. Club Red Divers
2.South Dive Clubs
3.Torchdiver
4. Ok club

What to choose? Any suggestion?

Poseidon are excellent, and I would suggest that you couldn't do better. Great bunch of people and the safety standards are top drawer. Check out the site at www.poseidondivers.com.

Of the ones you've listed Club Red have a very good reputation as well as Fantasea, Nessima and Reef2000, but if I was choosing there it would be one winner - Poseidon - but I'm a little biased as I did my DM and worked there for a few months :wink: .

Never heard of the other 3 on your list - but is there really a club called 'Ok' diving??
Mike

I vote for Planet Divers - they are the best and the most advenced centre.
mania

I will be in Dahab in September, I also experience similiar problem. However as Mania has already written, PlanetDivers.com seems to be the best in Dahab. As I remeber PlanetDivers was responsible for organizing Nuno Gomes possibility to cut the deep diving record.

I heard also about www.desert-divers.com

not sure about planet being the most advanced!! i spent 3 months in dahab last year and like anotyher poster, i dived at Poseidon and went up to trimix. They do up to Trimix Instructor Trainer which planet dont come close to and the kit is superb which is always a plus with technical. I believe their IT has been involved in a couple of record attempts as well. Planet are mainly eastern european as well. dont worry they also do recreational ..
I would also recommend Club Red, and also Dive Zone and reef 2000

Fantasea are now closed I hear - a bit of trouble happened according to an email i had

simonm:
not sure about planet being the most advanced!! i spent 3 months in dahab last year and like anotyher poster, i dived at Poseidon and went up to trimix. They do up to Trimix Instructor Trainer which planet dont come close to and the kit is superb which is always a plus with technical. I believe their IT has been involved in a couple of record attempts as well. Planet are mainly eastern european as well. dont worry they also do recreational ..
I would also recommend Club Red, and also Dive Zone and reef 2000

Fantasea are now closed I hear - a bit of trouble happened according to an email i had
Fantsea closed?? Got any details?

Thanks
Mike

Fantsea closed?? Got any details?

Thanks
Mike

I've just come back from Dahab. Fantasea still going although it is one of the smaller outfits

---------- Post added May 7th, 2013 at 01:55 AM ----------

Another consideration is the roadside security check to get to the northern dive sites in Dahab e.g. Rick's Reef, Canyon and Blue Hole. The authorities are conducting intermittent paperwork checks which means that only 4WDs containing legal instructors/DMs with work permits get through on that day. Illegal freelance instructors/guides (have tourist visa but no work permit) used by many centres won't get through . Check with the centre that you are going with a legal worker on the day you want to dive these sites.

The checks need (i) a properly licenced dive centre with MoT and CDWS and a properly licenced guide with a permit so in theory should stop anyone illegal getting through.

Although in reality the dodgy centres either forge CDWS licences or just pay the police a sum of money to be allowed through.

It wasn't uncommon for legal centres to be stopped until bribes were paid as well.

Its worth noting this thread was from 2005 so hardly relevant to the Dahab of today!

...and it should be added that the status of the CDWS is less clear than ever! Nobody is really sure if one still needs to hold a valid CDWS-card (I have one, though - better be on the safe side) or if a center still needs to be a CDWS-member. MOT and CDWS are at some sort of war with each other and the front lines are somewhat fuzzy - depending on who you ask. The police at the divesites still wants to see a permit with a CDWS-card copy, but I know that there are ways around that. The whole situation is completely unclear to the centers and nobody knows exactly and with absolute certainty what proceedure to follow right now. It´s basically a "do whatever you want" situation right now. There are reputable centers without licence (for a variety of reasons) and dubious centers that have all the paperwork in order. At this time it is impossible to judge a center solely based on its "legal status".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom