Dive Computer Simulator Query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Deco once bubbled...
Dear rdbark:

10-Meter Depth Limit

This depth was chosen by Haldane as the first point where one could acquire “the bends.” Subsequent research has indicated that the depth is much shallower. It is actually somewhere around 20 FSW.

Dr Deco :doctor:

Your explanation is probably correct. I've noticed similar behavior with my (old and trusty) USD Monitor I. At the end of two long, multilevel dives, I've knelt in the sand at 34 feet and watched my remaining no decom time click off 3, 2, 1 minutes, then raised the computer to head level and observed the remaining no decom time jump to 99 minutes (the maximum ever displayed). Returning the computer to waist level (34 feet) restores 1 minute.

I've attributed this to the algorithm the Monitor I uses, specifically that one "cannot" get bent at less than 33 feet and hence has unlimited no decom time remaining.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom