Dive Destination Suggestions - Pacific & Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did Chuuk (shore hotel, 2 divers per day) for 1 week
And then liveaboard for 1 week out of Palau.
Fantastic trip -- Chuuk, nothing but wreck diving.
Liveaboard in Palau meant only 1-5 min boat ride to dive site AND no gear schlepping.
No wetsuit used in either location and water temperature was no problem.
Visibility in Chuuk is less than expected and can have lots of jellyfish or jellyfish-bits in the water ---still not a problem with no wetsuit, except for a bit itchy while in the water.

Little Cayman/Bloody Bay Wall is fantastic.
Outer atolls of Belize are great (Elbow & lighthouse reef)

Hi Vladimir,

You might want to consider Palau also, I have been there several times, my daughters and sisters first openwater was in Palau, even though you hear about the drift diving, the dive shop that I use Neco Marine will take the novice diver to more shallow waters where the current as strong, I own a pacific dive travel company and out of all the destinations that we do, Palau is my favorite, the only thing to be aware of is that your girlfriend will be spoiled after going to Palau.

That was my mistake. Took my wife to Palau right after she got her open water. Now nothing is good compared to Palau.

Understanding that you have already made your decision you may want to consider Tahiti (Bora Bora, Moorea etc) for a Pacific trip. This is only about 8-9 hours from WA. Especially since you don't prefer liveaboards - most of the diving there is land-based.
As far as Red Sea #1, I would have to disagree. Went there in Oct and while I am glad I went, I would not recommend it to anyone. But then again, I do like the big stuff, so maybe that biases me a little.

Back
Top Bottom