Dive gear you own that you consider perfect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My new drysuit and it's dry - whopeeee.

I also like my BP/W. It is so comfortable underwater I don't even realize I have twin HP100s on my back. And the BP/W make it hauling that out of the water easier.

Pretty much all my gear is as I would want, and I would replace with same make and model if ever lost.

The only exceptions are my dive computers (bottom timers). Suunto D6 watch and Citizen watch have such a small displays. The Citizen watch also will not display depth past 260 ft.

I am pretty proud of my custom built lobster bag.

If the DSS Kydex backplate and tropical wing can be improved, then I am not sure how.

My drysuit, Otter Britannic.

The rest, I am sure it could be improved on or a fancier version bought but it's good enough.

My singles rig -- backplate and very old DSS wing, which I believe was a prototype, and which they don't make any more. I love that wing. The center channel is wide open, so it's really easy to get cambands through it, even when they have weight pockets on them. It's easy to vent and just about bombproof. I can't think of any reason I would ever change that rig.

I think my Halcyon SMB is pretty perfect, too. I can't think of anything I would want to change about it. And my current mask (whose model I don't remember) doesn't leak AT ALL.

Everything else, I can either think of something else I'd at least like to try, or something I'd like to change about it.

My Scubapro Jet Fins with spring straps, I've tried a dozen different types of fins but still come back to them for scuba diving. They're like the pick up truck of scuba fins.
Same here :D They are just totally indestructible and can put out a tremendous amount of power when I need it.

Recreational gear that is "perfect" for me:
Golem 35# wing
Scuba Pro 25/600 Reg on 51/2' hose
Oceanic Slimline on bungee
Salvo SS plate
XS Scuba cam band pockets
Dive Rite low volume "pocket" mask
OMS Slipstream fins
Scuba Pro booties
DUI tropical dry suit/Pinnacle wet suits
Suunto Vtec computer

aqualung favola - fits my face!
hollis f1's

I like my legend lx reg set. I'd most likely buy it again.

I'd also probably replace my gekkos with gekkos or zoops.

My Photon Torpedo dive light, Wenoka titanium squeeze lock knife (tanto tip), Oxycheq 18 wing with SS travel plate, Scubapro MK20/G500 Reg, Sherwood Oasis + reg (circa 1980 something), Princeton Tech Tec 40 Halogen (it can be found under $13), Scubapro jet and twin jet fins, Oceanic Pioneer mask .

Back
Top Bottom