Dive gear you own that you consider perfect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 2 scubapro Mk10/G250 Graphite combos. Jetfins with home made spring straps.

Light Monkey 21w HiD
Dive Rite Fins
Oxycheck G pocket
Double Enders
LP 85's

Atomic Frameless mask
Scuba Pro Jet Fin XL
Voit UDT fin--no longer made
Phoenix Royal Aqua Master regulator -- mostly no longer made
Scuba pro Shot Gun snorkel--no longer made
Freedom Plate BP -- custom
Oxy Mach V 18 pound/30 pound wings
Oxy Ultralight Plate
Tekna Knife--no longer made but their are clones around that are similar
Aqua Lung Titan XL-- original version
Scuba pro R109 -- no longer made
Steel 72 cf tanks

Probably some other stuff too.

N

Hmmm... I would say, of all my gear, the items that most closely approach "perfection" are:
  • Worthington X7-120 cylinders. HP120 tanks are quirky, you either love them or you hate them. I'm in the former category, they fit me perfectly. Convertible DIN/Yoke valves means you can mount any kind of reg, highest capacity cylinder available in 7.25" diameter, and the most efficient tank currently made in terms of dry weight vs. rated capacity.

• SeaCure mouthpiece. Easy to mold, which makes holding your reg in your mouth all day cause no strain at all, even for those of us with TMJ misalignments.

• Dive-Rite LED 700 light. Converts easily between handheld flashlight-style and canister/Goodman-style mounts (just a couple screws), bright enough to use as a primary for light wrecks or caverns, and has a really long burn time on standard AA batteries. Perfect for my kind of diving. Unfortunately, not made by Dive-Rite anymore (at least not as a convertible package; it's flashlight-only now).

My Suunto D9 - when the titanium strap arrives.

Gotta agree about the atomic frameless mask! I tempted to say the T2 reg too, but I bought it second hand and it would be painful paying for a new one, good as it might be.

Beuchat Focea Comfort 2 7mm wetsuit - truly amazing for those who still like to get wet when you dive!

The following items in my gear bag are now my standard:

- Velcro mask strap (I like my Halcyon VERY much, but could use anything but a rubber strap!)
- Comfobite mouthpiece
- Hollis M1 mask
- Hollis F1 fins
- Miflex hoses
- Suunto SK7
- The oral inflation valve on Halcyon´s SMBs ... the best ever. I like my 3.3ft blue H SMB.
- Hogarthian setup (as a general concept)

Force fins, backplate, horsecollar, prescription mask.

Back
Top Bottom